Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Break Every Chain...

Hello there stamping friends.  Today I'm joining my fellow Joy Clair design team members in presenting our newest collection of stamps!  This month we are releasing 13, yes THIRTEEN new stamp sets and they are indeed a treasure trove of goodness.  Join the hop as we share inspiration using these awesome stamps!

Let's start the fun with the creativity and remember that we always have a $25.00 prize up for grabs for one lucky hopper!  All you have to do is comment on our blog HERE and on ALL the designer blogs during the hop.  Make sure you let us know what your FAVORITE set is too.  We're interested to know what you think!
JC_GIFTCARDS

Here is the complete list of the Everyday Blog Hop:

Have fun and get inspired!!!

I selected one particular stamp set because it sang to my heart...Yes, IT REALLY SANG!  You see, I have this thing with scriptural sentiments...  They literally connect musically and I hear songs that are perfect matches...Check out what I mean!
This set is called Chain Breaker.  When you see this set and read the sentiments, does it sing to you?  Do you hear music?  I do...This is what I hear...
An exact representation of this song, right?  

So I listen...and then... This is what my muse hits me with:  
a soundwave....of bliss...  Can you see it?  
I used the soundwave panel (after creating the stippled wave, I used some circle diecut stencil and rubbed some light blue and shimmery gold PanPastel over them)  as a backdrop for the sentiment that "got me".  Yes, this sentiment "There is POWER in the name of JESUS"...YES indeed!  
 I added a bit of sparkle and Apple Nuvo Drops to give a bit of dimension too.
Notice that little "Play" button?  It's from the Jesus is my Jam set that was released last month.  I also highlighted the sentiment just to give a bit of zip...

And if that isn't enough...

I connect these sentiments...and the song to scripture...and I found a perfect connection in Psalm 107:10-15.  So I brought out those chains and broke 'em up!
After applying white gesso to my panel, I stamped the sentiment and the chains with clear pigment ink then embossed with silver embossing powder.  I colored the chain with my gray Tombow marker and then rubbed gold PanPastel over the page.  The PanPastel "stuck" to the ink and then I rubbed some blue on it too.  Reading the scripture, HEART echoed through and through so I incorporated those too by doodling a few and coloring with Tombow Marker.  I also added a bit of sparkle, 'cuz you know how I feel about that!  ;)   
 The final touches were a few silver circle punches and a sewn strip of metallic cardstock to strengthen the page.  A little tab on the corner will help me return to this page too.
My reflections and thoughts are always scribbled in on my pages...They're usually covered up under layers and layers of paint but this time, there are a few peeks here and there...

Alrighty.  Love this set?  I bet you do!  I know it's such a fab set and I can't wait to share more with it.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find inspiration in everything you see today! Please head on over to Helen's blog for her take on a fun new set!

20 comments:

  1. Nice card. Love the Color by Faith Collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card design and wonderful stamp sets. I really like Call on the Lord the best though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome colors and layering on your card, and pretty journaling!
    Get Well Wishes is my favorite... love those cute kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both projects - and the way you used the set! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerry... that Bible journal and card are AWESOME!
    This is one of my favorite stamp sets from this release.
    Powerful sentiments!
    Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas! I will definitely use some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I love your creative sound wave background and bold card design! My favorite set is Best Buds

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever card design and beautiful Bible page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it! There is definitely POWER in the name of Jesus to break every chain!! Chainbreaker is definitely my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card and beautiful Bible journalling! I'm enjoying all of these new releases! My favorite new stamp set is Get Well Wishes. It's soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Break Every Chain is my Fave! There is Power in the name of Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kerry THIS CARD IS AWESOME...

    I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the stamp!!!

    L.r. Smith from fb...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! It is a perfect representation of so many things for me! Being free is a theme in my life so this set totally hits me in the feels! Chain Breaker is definitely my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cardwith the sound wave ❤️ I also like how you have done the bible page ! My fav is best buds but this is a close second !

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cool background!
    I love the Get Well Wishes set... those two cats hanging in there make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely card and fabulous Bible page! I love that you connect musically with scripture sentiments! I really like Best Buds, Gnome is where the heart is, and Call on the Lord from this release.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the cool card background you made with the multicolored dots. My favorite set in the release is Best Buds, though I also love Get Well Wishes. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous creations! Fabulous set! I really love it. This song has been so special to me during the past 9 months! Thanks for sharing your creativity. GBYM My favorite set is Chain Breaker!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You made two great creations ! I love the dotted background on your card !
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, wow, wow!!! Love your gorgeous rainbow of colors to set the perfect background to pop that verse right up!! The Bible page is gorgeous as well!
    My favorites are the Scriptures of Love and the Valentine background building sets. Truly loving the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete