Thursday, July 23, 2020

TCP Sneak Peek Week Day 3: Dies, Dies, Dies!


Hello there cardmakers!  It's sneaky peek week day 3 and it's all about those holiday dies!  We're sneaking peeks of three new stand alone die sets that will allow you to make some GORGEOUS cards!  

My first card features the Cardinal Duo die.  Its a two part die that will help you create a fun cardinal scene as well as create pierced circle cut-outs in your cards!  

 I started out by creating the nighttime sky using some Caran d'Ache watercolor crayons in an ombre blend of oranges and yellows.  After that, I diecut the cardinal die using some white cardstock.  I removed the pierced circle so that I could create the cut "schierenschnitte" style design.  I mounted this panel onto the watercolored panel and then splattered some black acrylic ink over that.
Since I didn't have a pine needle die set (hint hint TCP), I decided to glue a faux pine sprig from my mantle arrangement.  I attached it with Beacon Adhesive 3 in 1 glue.  To help it stay in place while drying, I placed a box of colored pencils over it to add some pressure.  Once Dry, I attached the little gingham ribbon bow.  

Up next is the fun little Gnome!  I paired it up with the fun Birch Forest stencil and the Birch Snowglobe die.  

I started out by blending the yummy Wendy Vecchi Make Art inks below to create the beautiful blue birch tree sky scene on white cardstock.  
 I then flicked some diluted white acrylic paint onto the stencil to create the illusion of snow falling.

I then diecut the birch tree globe using white cardstock and then started diecutting the parts of the gnome.  After cutting the nose, hands and feet, I colored them with Copics.  I then glued everything together to create the cute gnome and mounted it onto the birch globe.  
To finish everything off, I mounted the birch stenciled panel onto red cardstock trimmed to size and machine stitched the edge before attaching this panel to a white card base.  Next, I mounted the Gnome and birch globe combo, then attached some coordinating twine with some fun brass jingle bells.  SO FUN!  

Isn't he just the cutest???

Alrighty, for the last card today, I'm featuring the fun scripty sentiment die "Hello Winter".  
 I started out by coloring a white piece of cardstock using Copic markers.  I blended the inks with Copic various refill and then added some shimmery metallic ink splatters before drying with a heat gun.  After it was dry, I diecut the sentiment and set it aside.
 Next, I scribbled a tree scene on a piece of cardstock and then added some blue watercolor.  I then added some white splatter and mounted it onto a blue scrap of cardstock.  I then attached some fun sequins (holeless sequins from TCP) and attached the sentiment.
For the ribbon treatment, I added some black twine and some fuzzy floral centers and some sequins.  I curled the edges of the twine to mimic the scribbles in the background.  :)


Hop on over and check out all the other inspiration for these fun dies!  

Me



12 comments:

  1. These are all so fabulous, love the background colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards!! So creative! Great job!!
    ~Donna Harris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards! Love the colors and embellishment on your cardinal card! Adorable gnome card with the trees, and awesome colors and textures for your last card! I love the pretty font of the 'hello winter' sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards, the layering is so beautiful. The script is just my style and I love the gnome! He's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! These are holy cow awesome! I love your creativity😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I LOVE how you did the cardinal one with the colors and splatters! The Gnome scene is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic cards. Love the gnome
    amongst the trees. The cardinal
    against the yellow background is
    great. thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty and cute cards. I really like the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are so yummy (and no coffee in sight! lol).
    Love all the textures and mixed media.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your skies are superb! I love each and every one...

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards are fabulous!
    I love the atypical colors of the
    first card. The second card with the gnome
    is my favorite! The birch trees and sky are
    gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love all of these crds - but the bird card is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete