Sunday, July 21, 2019

Dual Purpose Cards...Sunday Sip!

Inlky friends!  Welcome back to another fun Sunday Sip and Share!  I'm up on the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog every Sunday giving a little coffee-loving inky inspiration!  Make sure you stop by the blog and check out all the coffee/tea/cocoa loving inspiration each and every day!   

This week I thought I would share a tasty little giftie treat I created for a crafty friend.  This card is not just your average card…It’s actually dual purpose.  You see those images?  Well, they will have a completely different purpose for the recipient!  I’ll share how later on in the post.  

I started out by printing some digital images of this fun RG Avenue set called “Birthday Girl”on Avery sticker paper.  This set is available in both digi and photopolymer stamp set but while waiting for my stamp set to arrive, I thought I’d take advantage of having the digi set and playing with some stickers for my planner…Oh yeah, the sheet was originally made for my planner sticker stash.  I love that when I print out these images, I can cut them out and color them with my Copic Markers without worry of bleed or disaster.   


After cutting out my images (I prefer fussy cutting over using my machines), I colored the images and created a little collection to use throughout my planning week.  Then it dawned on me that I could share these images with a friend….And there came the “Dual Purpose” Card!  You see, the images on this card (the birthday girl and the sentiment) and the collection of frappes scattered about, are all peel-and-stick!  Yes, you got that right, the recipient will be able to peel the birthday girl and sentiment right off the backing (I popped the images up on pop dots) so that they can be used in her planner.  I’m also including all those fun little frappes in a little gift bag on the inside of the card.  Some are colored (and glossed and glittered) by me, and some are left black and white so she can color them!

For the card base-and layers, I used some scraps from previous projects.  Since I knew this card would be decomposed by the reciient, I knew I didn't want to go all out using materials that would just get thrown in the trash, so I grabbed goodies from the little scrap stash cup I have on my table.  They come in so handy.  

How fun is that?  Perhaps you'll want to give this a try!  It's easy peasy and makes for a fun little surprise for your recipient!  

Thanks for hopping over to check out my project today.  I hope it inspires you to get crafty with your stamps or digi images.  See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment