Tuesday, March 5, 2019

It's TCP Tuesday: Envie Envy!

Hey there inky friends!  Today I'm joining my fellow Cat Packers as we introduce this month's TCP Tuesday Challenge:  Envie Envy!  WOO!  Remember, play along in our challenge and there's a $50.00 Gift Certificate to The Cat's Pajamas shop!  TCP Stamps and dies are not required in this challenge but we LOVE to see them pop up in TCP Tuesday entries!  We hope to see you join us for the fun.  

Often times, the envie that holds our precious creations goes unloved...This week...give it some extra-special care...Just as much love as the card itself...and in my case, incorporate the envie into the card design!  
The Cat's Pajamas Blog
I created this fun little giftie card by folding an A2 Kraft envelope in half, tying a ribbon around it, and then I got to work on decorating!  I selected one of the most adorable sets to feature in this design and it's called Family Forever.  I just love the adorable little peeps and the sweet bear in this set so they take center stage in this project.  
First, I folded an A2 envie in half and secured the fold with a ribbon bow.  Then I created the background (front and back) on my Gelli Plate.  I scribbled Copics in a circlular fashion onto the plate spritzed with Copic blending solution and lifted the color with a piece of cream colored cardstock.   I then added a few dots of the same color directly to the inked panel and some sparkly ink splatters too.  Then I stamped the sentiment with RGAvenue Black Taffy dye based ink.

Next, I mounted those panels onto light blue cardstock and pasted them to the front and back portion of the folded envie with yellow ribbon tied securely in a bow.   After that, I stamped the animal images and started coloring with Copic Markers.  I cut out the images and assembled them onto the front panel and then the two little peeps on the back panel.  I also doodled a little puddle for them to splash in.
On the inside of the envie, I placed a little springy image and a little lost duckie.  I colored them with colored pencils by starting out with a base layer of white to make the color pop!
This fun little envie (I used to make these ALL THE TIME back in the day) is a great way to gift a note, cash, gift cards, etc.  You can also attach several envies together to make a little book...SO FUN!  Next time you have a special gift to give, make sure to remember this oldie but a goodie!  

Copic List:  
 Gelli Plate background: BG15, B23, B39, B93 and Copic Blending Solution in spritzer
Bear:  E23, 30, 33, 34 57; W5
Ducks: Y19; YR18, 31
Umbrella: RV19, 55, 63
Puddle:  B23, 93; BG15
Doodled Puddle: Staedtler Microfine Liner Pen 0.1

8 comments:

  1. Kerry, this is the sweetest thing EVER! You are absolutely amazing with coloring! I need to learn from you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...You're so sweet! Thanks so much Melissa. Teddy bears are my most favorite things to color! They just make me smile!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Olga! Nice to see you over here! :)

      Delete
  3. I love your creativity on this one, you really made this set come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me way to long to get here but, I wanted to tell you how brilliant your envie is! You definitely sold this darling stamp set with your project, LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete