Tuesday, November 17, 2020

The Cat's Pajamas Sneaky Peek Week Day 1: Yeti To Party!

 

Hello there inky friends!  Today is the day we've all been waiting for!  This is the first day of The Cat's Pajama's SNEAKY PEEK WEEK!!!  There are SO many adorable sets in this new release and I'm excited to help share the sneaks ALL WEEK!  

Our first sneak is an adorable and LOVABLE monster BUNDLE called "YETI TO PARTY!".  It's a fun little set perfect for friendship and LOVE!  Check out the dies too!   I just love all the little monsters in this set but I decided to create a card featuring the luvvvvvable monster!  Isn't he CUUUUTE?!  

I created my card by starting out with a fun Gel Press background.  I used blue, red and yellow acrylic paint on my Gel Press and blended it with a foam dauber.  I then applied some sewing machine thread over the inked plate to create swirly fun design.  Next, I pressed my white cardstock over it and lifted the paper to reveal the fun background.  To finish the background off, I doodled and dotted the paper, splattered some ink on the panel and set it aside to dry.  
I colored my monster to match my background paper.  I pulled some Copic markers and went to town coloring the monster and the balloons then added some colored pencil to give some added shading.  After I was satisfied with the coloring, I fussy cut the images and started working on assembling the cardfront.  
Since I had some ripped book paper from a previous project on my desk, I decided to add that to my card.  I love the contrast of patterns this paper provides on my design.  I then stamped the sentiment and doodled a fun edge before cutting and mounting on the page.  


Just look at that fun color!  I just love how this card turned out!!!  Thanks for hopping over to check out my card and I hope you stop by again tomorrow for more fun sneaky inspiration!  

Remember,  Leave a comment on each of the blogs sharing sneaks and you could win a special sneaky-peek prize from TCP!  

See you tomorrow!





9 comments:

  1. Fun card. Makes you smile - something
    we need right now. Love it.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable monster and awesome color combo for your fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love this. We all need to let others know that they are our people these days. It is so easy to feel alone. I LOVE YOUR CARD. It is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love the background and great tip about the string. I love mixed media and this is right up my alley. Outstanding!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. L*O*V*E this beautiful mixed media style card! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a COOL background! LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you really did go to town! great job, love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you created the background for this fun and colorful monster card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your gel press background! Such a cute card.

    ReplyDelete