Wednesday, November 18, 2020

TCP Sneaky Peek Week Day 2: Love Grows...

Hello there inky friends!  Today is Sneay Peek Day 2 at The Cat's Pajamas and we're sharing sneaks ALL WEEK!  Today's new set is called "LOVE GROWS" and is an adorable sketchy image set complete with some awesome sentiments!  I decided to focus on the sentiments...and some tiny little dots in the set.  

Each day, we'll share sneaks featuring the fun stamps and dies that are available this month!  All of the sets are available on November 17...Just in time for our Black Friday Sales!  
To create my card, I started out by painting a yellow funky sun using yellow acrylic paint.  I then traced around the painting with a black Sharpie then fussy cut the image so that I could use it with my card.  I wanted to highlight the "Sending you Sunshine Smiles" so this sun was important to the design.  I then thought I needed a bit more color on the card so I painted a few stripes of blue acrylic paint onto a white panel and then used my heat gun to dry the paint.  I then added some doodles and dots with the Sharpie and then stamped the little dotty cluster stamp from the set to help tie everything together.  I also used a white paint pen to add some white before applying some sparkly sunshine glitter to the sun.  
I mounted my stamped/painted panel onto a blue layer then mounted onto a bright yellow cardstock base.  VOILA!  A little sunshine is on it's way to someone soon!

Thanks for hopping over to check out my card.  Make sure to head over to my fellow DT teamies' pages to get more inspiration.  Leave some love along the way and you just might win the TCP prize!  See you tomorrow for more yummy inspiration!





11 comments:

  1. Cute and simple card with a bright punch of color. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the great modern take on using the stamps in this fun card! So bright and happy with a lovely open feel! Thanks so much for the great inspiration! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great encouragement card for anyone. I could put this set to great use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!!! The sunshine is soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sparkle, love the blue & yellow color combo and
    love your design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color combo and sparkle! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would bring a smile to anyone's face. Love the bright sparkly sun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your glittery sun is a great idea.
    Love the blue "wood" in the
    background. thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card. I like the background for the sparkly sun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool! Would definitely make someone smile! Loving the bright colours too.

    ReplyDelete