Saturday, November 14, 2020

You're In my heart...

Hello there inky friends!  Today I'm sharing a card I created with the fab products from Miss Ink Stamps.  I wanted to create a fall/Thanksgiving card to send to some of my <3 people because I'm having to make some very hard decisions about Thanksgiving this year...Should I go, should I stay home, this decision is really weighing on me.  I know so many others are having to make these heavy decisions too, and I am not alone, but it still sucks royally!  

As I work through all the ramifications of my decision and how it affects so many (including myself), I think spending time crafting helps calm me and focus my intentions...So, while this decision was running through my mind, I pulled out my Gel Press, my acrylic paints, my stamps and my sewing machine and just got lost in the process.
 
To create my card, I started out by placing stripes of red/orange/yellow acrylic paint on my Gel Press.  I then used a sponge to blend them together in an ombre effect then added the fun Stripes in the Basics Stencil Bundle over the top then sponged again to help lift some of the paint.  I released the stencil and then stamped the leaf spray from the Springtime Banners set onto the paint to lift the ink from the plate.  I let that layer dry and then added some cream acrylic paint over that before adhering white cardstock and peeling it off to release the images from the plate.  

Next, I stamped the leaves as if they were falling onto the panel using black Versafine ink, heat set it and then colored the leaves with dark orange Copic marker.  I then flicked some black acrylic paint onto the panel and let it dry.

I machine stitched the black seam binding and pulled the thread to help gather and pucker the ribbon before attaching it to a piece of torn book paper.  I then used some white thread (colored with dark brown Copic) to add another layer of texture before attaching the paper to the panel.  I stamped the sentiment (from the Everyday Sentiments set) onto white cardstock and added that to my layers.  To finish things off, I colored some pearls with red Copic marker, attached them and then applied some Autumn Dazzle Dust to a wooden heart embellsihment.  

I attached everything to a piece of red/cardstock before mounting onto a white card base.  

Thanks for stopping over to check out my card... 

No comments:

Post a Comment