Friday, September 25, 2020

Heartfelt Creations Alumni Hop September: Inspiration Galore!

 

Hello there inky friends!  It's that time of month again...ermmmm...not THAT kind, but it is the fun Heartfelt Creations Alumni DT Inspiration Blog Hop!  WOOP!!!  This month, we've got a ton of talented designers sharing some gorgeous inspiration using Heartfelt Creations products!   Make sure to take a stroll to each hop spot for some inspiration and for tips/ideas!  We hope you enjoy this hop and wish you good luck in this month's drawing!  If you arrived here from Vicki's blog, you're on the right track!  If not, you can find the full blogroll at the bottom of my post today.  Happy Hopping!!!


This month my focus is on FALL.  I LOVE the fall season and the changes that it brings.  I love the cooler weather, the fall colors, the longer walks with my pooch and the holidays coming soon.  My focus for this card was the beautiful colors in the fall.  I just love the rich oranges and reds in the leaves so I used these colors in my design.  

I used one of my favorite flower collections for this card too.  I just love the pretty "country" vibe the Oakberry Lane collection gives me.  I used the Oakberry Lane Blossoms Cling stamps and colored them with a mix of Copics and watercolor pencils.  After diecutting them with the coordinating dies HERE, I pressed them using the mold HERE.  I am soooo addicted to these molds!  They make the flowers soooo professional!  After creating my flowers, I assembled them in layers and added some Prills (THESE) to the centers.  i set them aside to dry and then started working on the background.  

I decided to take the leaf die and use it as a stencil on my background.  I love that it allows me to give a little bit of color and design without overwhelming the page.  Just a little brush with the blending brush was all that was needed on each corner.  After finishing the background paper, I used some foam squares to mount it to a piece of dark green cardstock and then burnished and curled the edges with my fingernails.  I tied some jute around this panel before assembling the "spray" onto the card.

When complete, I added more foam squares and attached this panel to an A2 rusty orange card base and my card was complete.  Since I will be sending this card with some special treats for fall, I didn't use a sentiment on the front...I'll save that for the inside with my handwritten note!  

Thanks so much for hopping over to check out my card.  I hope you continue to find inspiration in the posts following mine!  Happy Hopping and GOOD LUCK!

Hop Blogroll:  

24 comments:

  1. I do love the rustic vibe of this fall card, Kerry! The twine with the Oakberry Lane flowers is gorgeous! Thanks for hopping with us this month! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Great idea about using the die for a stencil! I will be trying this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stenciling was a really great idea. I have been doing some stenciling lately, and it's really fun. They are so versatile. I like how you used the shaped flowers, too. This is such a cute look all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This pretty card sure makes me miss Autumn. We don't have that in Florida!! But your beautiful fall colors make me feel like i am there. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Autumnal feel of this card, fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice fall colors. I do enjoy seeing flowers made from Oakberry Lane petal dies...very versatile. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so pretty. I too love the fall colors. I especially liked your idea of using the leaf die as a stencil. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kerry, I absolutely love your card! The fall colors are gorgeous. I really like the use of a stencil for the leaves...very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly stunning card! The fall colors are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful ...fun fall looking card! And luv your gorgeous coloring of your flowers! They scream fall! Thanks for sharing your creation! Suzy Q

    ReplyDelete
  11. Title for your blog is as endearing as your sense of humor! I agree about the HC molds; pure genius and makes creating flowers almost a snap. Your coloring is so nice; like the effect of using both pencils and markers. Creative using the die as a stencil; certainly going to give this idea a go! Fab card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card!! I love how you've used the leaf die as stencil. Genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just ordered the Oakberry Lane flower set and I love them done in the fall colors. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! Love the
    background behind
    the cluster of flowers.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! Perfect fall colors with the orangey yellows and pretty greenish prill centers!! So beautiful with the leafy stenciled background too!! You do beautiful work and are so creative! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you created this card with that distress look! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty in the Fall colors and with the stenciled background.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The flowers are a beautiful fall
    color. Love the green leaves in
    the corner. Fantastic card.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this card! All the small details makes it so special! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete