Monday, February 10, 2020

Coffee Love....Happy Valentine's WEEK!


Hello there inky friends! Today I'm sharing a few cards I created using the fun brand new stamp sets from RG Avenue. Heart Day (digital only) and Awesome Thoughts (stamp and digi options) are perfect for this season of LOVE!  

To create my first card, I edited the images to my liking and then cut them out. I colored the images with Copic markers. I then brushed white acrylic paint onto a Gelli Plate and then dropped one drop of Sour Mist onto it then brushed it together to blend. I laid a piece of Powdered Sugar cardstock onto the plate and pressed the ink on. After that, I applied some sprinkles of RG Avenue Gold embossing powder onto the paint and then heat set it (from the underside) until it melted. Next I started assembling the collage.  

When designing the cup, I opted to remove the whimsical heart and apply the "Hugs and Kisses" sentiment and a sketchy heart from the "Hello Beautiful" sentiment in the Awesome Thoughts set. I love this sketchy heart and it works perfectly for this design. 
My second card was created in a similar manner however, I chose to use Rich Cherry and Sour Guava mixed with white acrylic ink (on my Gelli Plate). I then added RG Avenue Silver embossing powder in the same manner as before then added some flicks of black acrylic paint.  
Again, I chose to remove the whimsical heart and instead added the fun sketchy heart onto each to-go cup. After coloring and cutting out the printed images, I assembled them onto a piece of ribbon with foam squares. I also applied black twine to the background to add to the movement of this card.  

 I really love how both cards turned out and I can't wait to share them with someone special this year.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment