Saturday, January 4, 2020

Love is In the Air: Graciellie Designs January 2020

Hello there inky friends.  Today I'm sharing a sweet little Lovie-dovie card I created with the new Graciellie Designs January 2020 release digi set called "Love is in the Air".  It's a beautiful set that contains some woodgrain elements and some frilly, curly sweet sentiments.  Check it out!  You can also purchase the complete January Digi bundle HERE.
To create my card, I started out by creating a background using an edited version of the I HEART YOU heart.  I shrunk the image and changed the color as well as turned it into a shadow image.  Then I layered this image repeatedly onto the page to create a heart paper background.  After that, I colored the same heart (resized) using Copic markers before fussy cutting it.  
Next, I machine stitched the background so that I could add a little more texture in the corners and then I brushed the edges with some Catherine Pooler Sand Castle ink.  The final step was distressing the edges with my fingernail and assembling the pretty spray collage.  I added some fun elements like a button from a friend, some feathers from my embellishment stash and a few flat back pearls.  So pretty.  I also added a little strip of sparkly gold cardstock from my scrap bin.  I mounted this panel onto a burgundy panel and a little bit of rosy cardstock to create a stacked layer.  then attached it to a Kraft card base.  FINISHED!
Pretty, pretty.  Now ready to send to someone special!  Thanks for hopping over to check out my card.  I hope you were inspired.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment