Sunday, July 28, 2019

Sunday Sip...Tea Treats!


Hello there Coffee-tea-cocoa loving crafty friends!  It's Kerry here and I'm back with another fun Sunday Sip!  Today I'm sharing a fun little tea giftie for a special someone.  The gift includes a sweet little decorated gift bag with a little note tucked inside and a few hand-packaged bags of specialty teas.  The black polka-dot ribbon indicates a super delish English breakfast tea and the orange twine indicates a yummy vanilla Thai Tea. 

To create my ensemble, I started out by frothing some Nutpod "creamer" and brewing myself a cup of bold coffee.  After taking a few sips, I got to work on distressing a piece of Wendy Vecchi Perfect White cardstock by Ranger.  I then use the brand spankin' new Wendy Vecchi Make Art Blendable inks to create a vibrant background.  I used the new colors:  Forget Me Not, Tiger Lily and Leaf Green.  I also used the fabulous new blending brush "Big Beautiful Blending Brush" by The Cat's Pajamas to achieve the seamless blending.  After I was satisfied with the background color, I stamped the sentiment "A Million Thanks" from the Wendy Vecchi "Thanks a Million" stamp/die/stencil combo set a million times (hee hee) along the right edge of the panel. Next, I attached two strips of Wendy Vecchi washi tape along the other side of the panel.  I used my sewing machine to add some stitching on top of the washi for added texture.
Next, I set out to stamp and color the floral image in the set.  I wanted to use this ink as a watercolor medium so I dabbed a bit of each color onto my Ranger mat and used a superfine paint brush (and a bit of water) to add the color.  As I was coloring the image, I incorporated the Pink Peony and Carnation Red Blendable Dye inks as well to give some added dimension to the flower.  
When I felt the image was colored just the way I wanted it, I added a few white highlights here and there with my White Gelly Roll pen.  I added some graph paper (I just can't do without it!) and attached the flower.  To finish the panel off, I added some polka-dotted ribbon and a cute orange button.  I mounted this panel onto a black Jillibean Soup gift bag (retired) and started working on packaging the tea gifts.  While I was at it, I brewed myself up a cup of Thai tea in my French Press.  It made a mighty fine photo prop while it was steeping, right?
Thanks so much for hopping over today!  I have been having such a fabulous time crerating with the new Wendy Vecchi goodies and I want to thank Ranger for giving me the opportunity to play with these fabulous products!  The blendable inks...I'm in love (I had to order 'em ALL!) and the stamp/die/stencil combo is such a treat.  Of course, you've gotta love a nice collection of washi tape too!  WOO HOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment