Sunday, July 28, 2019

TCP Sneaky Peek Week...Nature's Christmas Tree


Hello there inky friends.  Today I'm joining some of my fellow designers at The Cat's Pajamas as we give you a little sneaky peek of what's to come in our new release.  I'm featuring the gorgeous new sketchy Christmas set called "Nature's Christmas Tree" and a few other goodies coming to the shop!  You're going to FLIP!
NEW!!! Nature's Christmas Tree
NEW!!!   Great Outdoors Stencilz
NEW!!!  Big Beautiful Blending Brush
NEW!!! Clear Holographics
To create my design, I started out by using the fun four-sided Great Outdoors stencil to create a cloud background.  I used Distress Oxides for their beautiful blending capabilities and for the ability to give that "Snowy" effect with water.  The Big Beautiful Blending brush is AHHHMAZING in helping create a seamless blending and fun design. 
After creating the blended background, I stamped the snow dots and stars and naked trees onto the panel.  I also stamped some of the sketchy trees with some embossing ink so that I could add Hero Arts Puffy White embossing powder.  I think it gave the trees a snowy texture.  I also dipped the bottom edge of the stamped panel into the embossing powder so that I could create a little snowy ground.  

After that, I stamped the deer and the little bird and colored them with Copics.  I also stamped a few additional stars so that I could add some here and there on the card.  

To finish the scene, I added the cute little sparkly snow sequins onto the card.  They pick up a lot of the teal in the photograph but in reality, they are like a glossy icy color.  So yummy and perfect for a snowy scene! 

Thanks for hopping over to check out my creation.  I hope my card inspired you today!  One more Christmas card down, a million more to go!  WOOP! 

15 comments:

  1. Your scene is very nice. I really like that new stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stinking cute❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this magical wintry scene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING! I love your creation for Natures Christmas Trees set! The added puffy snow is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous scene! I need that stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful winter scene! Love the deer and the trees! Awesome stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a magical snowfall card-it is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You added so many great details. I like the whole card. It is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am totally & irrevocably in love with this card!! You did an absolutely amazing job on it! I'm going to be saving the picture & referring to it for a card of my own. Thank you so much for sharing!

    Charis Young
    krazykropper at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, all the details in your card. How darling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super darling card!
    Love the stamps and
    colors.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  12. So stinkin' adorable!! Love your card and totally love this set!

    ReplyDelete