Sunday, March 17, 2019

A New Stamp Company Is In Town...Welcome Miss Ink Stamps!

Hey there inky friends!  I have the great privilege as a Coffee Loving Cardmakers designer to play with some new stamps!  Today I get to welcome the newest stamp company to our family!  Welcome to Miss Ink Stamps!  I'm thrilled to be able to share some projects featuring your two new coffee themed sets:  Java Joe's and Brewtiful!   These sets were so fun to design with and I hope you enjoy what I've created for you.  

My first card features the Java Joe's set.  I love the whimsy and playfulness of this set so I tried to create something to make any coffee lover smile!  Happy was the word...and when I read Happy, I immediately thought of YELLOW!  SOOOO...I created a card with some green and a POP of yellow!  The coffee shop was stamped on green cardstock and colored with Copic Markers and colored pencils.  I also used a white Gelly Roll pen to create some highlights and added pop. 
After coloring the images, I set them aside and started working on my background panel.  I cut out a polka-dotty stencil using my Silhouette Cameo and then painted some polka dots onto the paper with ivory acrylic paint.  After that (it was almost immediately dry), I machine stitched the border and tied a green ribbon around this panel.  After that, I assembled the the images onto the card panel and tied a little button to the bow.  I mounted this panel onto an A2 white card base (side fold) and this card was done!

Next up was the springy card featuring the Brewtiful set.  I selected the colors for this project based on the printed paper I wanted to use.  This printed paper comes from an old collection of 6x6 printed paper from Fun Stampers Journey.  It's about time I use that paper I've been hoarding!  LOL...

After mounting the printed panel onto the yellow panel, I machine stitched the top and bottom for added texture and interest.  Then I attached some orange ribbon.  I just love ORANGE in the springtime!  

After assembling the card panel, I attached the stamped/colored images and added some gloss to make them shine.  I also pulled in a little of the white Gelly Roll pen.  



My third card is the fancy-schmancy one!  It also features the Brewtiful stamp set.  I researched the colors of the leaves, berries and flowers of the coffee plant and tried to match the colors I found using Copic Markers.  
After coloring the images, I mounted them onot a rose colored cardstock and then mounted this panel onto a cream cardstock base.  I wanted the image to be my main focus so I kept a lot of white space around it!

Isn't the image just gorgeous?  I just love this set so much!!!  

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you were inspired by my projects today and I hope you'll hop over to Miss Ink Stamps and check 'em out!  I know you'll find something that would love to hop right into your cart!  

Thank you to Miss Ink Stamps for allowing me the opportunity to guest design for you.  I had a ball playing with these coffee images and I learned something new too!  Now I'm on a quest to find some dried coffee flowers so I can taste some homemade "tisane".  

No comments:

Post a Comment