Friday, November 2, 2018

The Reason for the Season...Joy Clair Christmas


Hello there inky friends!  Today I'm joining my fellow Joy Clair Designers as we share projects featuring some of our newest Christmas sets.  I selected this new stamp set called The Reason.  I love this set because of the sentiments and images and I had so much fun creating this card with this set! 
I started out by working on my background.  I used a dark gray cardstock and applied some Nuvo Shimmer Powder (Storm Cloud, Atlantis Burst, Solar Flair) and spritzed it with water until the powder bloomed perfectly.  I then used my heat gun to speed up the drying process and purposefully move the ink pool over the paper. 
Next, I applied a Silver Vintage Frame Peel and Stick Glitter Dust Deco Frame from Therm-o-Web.  I wanted this card to be very sparkly and full of shine so I also added some golden thread, golden pearls and a little strip of gold glitter cardstock.  I Stamped the sentiment onto the panel using Versafine Onyx and then I added some hero Arts Gold Embossing Powder.  Finally, I stamped, colored (with Copics) and fussy cut the two angels and placed them perfectly on the front panel.  This panel was mounted onto a cream card base with some small foam squares. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you enjoy the rest of my team's inspirational projects! 

No comments:

Post a Comment