Monday, November 5, 2018

TCP New Release Continues: Cosmic Christmas

Hey there inky friends!  This week I'm featuring projects using the adorable Christmas Space set called "COSMIC CHRISTMAS".  This set is just too fun and lends itself quite well to gorgeous backgrounds and fun interactive elements!  
To create this card, I started out by brushing some light ivory acrylic paint onto a piece of white cardstock.  After that, I rubbed a bit of black Nuvo Drops over that, then applied some teal and a little sparkle.  I let that dry and then applied some "poofs" of Shimmer Powder. I spritzed the powder with water and let it do its magic!  Next, I used my heat gun to speed up the drying process and then I applied some stamping (the little star trio in the set) using Versafine Onyx ink.  I added some sparkly silver embossing powder (from Hero Arts) and the beautiful background was complete.  
I trimmed up this inky panel and added some foam squares so that I could mount it onto a teal card base.  
Just look at that gorgeous background!  So sparkly, so textural, so fun!
 Next up, I stamped and colored the astronaut with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and Copics.  After that, I applied a penny, some foam squares and then poked a hole into my background paper so that I could help the little fella spin around in space.  I attached another penny to the back side of the card so that he could spin!  Take a look at the spin action (and disregard the background noise-Mason says HI!!)

I used the star Liners CutUps Die to create a little star embellishment, added some sparkly sequin trim and some black twine and finished my card off with some pretty golden pearls.

See you later this week for another fun Cosmic Christmas card! 

4 comments:

  1. This IS a CUTE CARD! LOOOVE your background! AND this SWEET spinning bear! ;)
    SUPER JOB on your card! (I came over from SCS!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I had so much fun playing with this experiment! Glad it worked! :)

      Delete
  2. Very pretty card — would love to see paint and Nuvo shimmer powder process in a video but I just love this card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Perhaps I should make a process video sometime! Let me put that on my list!

      Delete