Thursday, November 1, 2018

It's a real BLIZZARD! TCP SNOWFLAKES!

Hey there inky friends!  I'm back with another fun SNOWFLAKE card featuring fun new dies from The Cat's Pajamas.  Today, I'm sharing TWO projects that were created using the same materials- kind-of a Twofer you might say.  I was on a roll and I just kept rolling!  HA HA.  I think it helped having a yummy cuppa coffee in my new and colorful handmade mug by Caleb Zouhary (ZouharyPottery on Etsy) right at my workstation.  

I wanted to create a whimsical plaid pattern in somewhat Christmas Colors so I pulled some green, red and golden yellow Copics and drew some lines.  I followed that up with two different Staedtler pigment markers.  After creating the "plaid", I diecut the J and Y from the J*Y die ($5.00 set!!!) and then a few snowflakes from the new Five Snowflakes die set ($4.00 set!!!).  

I used the snowflake dies from both sets to create an embossed background and layered a few fun elements to make my letters and snowflake appear like floating ornaments.  DecoFoil Glitter Dust Photo Frames were a perfect little sticker element and backing for these dies.  
To add a little stamping, I diecut the little pennant from the Framed Up 2 CutUps dies. I stamped the sentiment from the Your Gift stamp set. 
Just a little distressing on the edges, a few sparkly gold pearls and this card was finished!  
Next up, I wanted to create another JOY card with my materials sitting on my desk so I diecut the letters in gold sparkly cardstock assembled the little plaid snowflake and cut some icing from the adorable Icing CutUps die.   This card came together quite quickly, but I think it's a favorite now.  :)
Such fun to create your own plaid paper.  Yeah, I have a problem cutting up pretty patterned paper so I make my own.  HA HA! 
To include some stamping, I stamped one of the sentiments from the One Liners stamp set -a piece of the sentiment "Life Is Short, Choose Happiness" and replaced the "Happiness" with the JOY! 

Thanks for stopping by today to check out my snowflakey creations.  I am having a ball filling up my Christmas Card box with pretty (and sparkly) cards! 

2 comments:

  1. Both are amazing! Love that you made your own patterned paper,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nancy- I have a REALLY BIG problem using (I hoard the pretty stuff) real patterned paper and can't seem to cut it up but for some reason, have no problem cutting up and making my own! LOL

      Delete