Sunday, July 29, 2018

Sunday Sip...Refresh yourself!

Hello there Coffee Loving friends!  It's Sunday and that means I'm up on the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog with my weekly Sunday Sip and Share post.  I created this card and sketch yesterday while playing with my Gelli Plate.  I had so much fun playing with some new Liquid Colors I recently received in the mail.  

How did I create this card?  Well, I just squirted a bit of each color (Turbo Teal and Sweet Pear) onto my Gelli Plate and brayered the colors together.  I placed a piece of white cardstock over that and lifted it to print the paper.  I then took three different circle punches and punched some circles out. After that, I prepared a piece of white cardstock as my base card panel.  I splattered some Sweet Berry Liquid Color, Gold Silk and Sparkle Silk onto the white card panel and then dry brushed some light ivory acrylic paint over it to tone down the color.  Next, I brushed a bit of acrylic paint onto the punched circles.  I put a foam square onto each circle and assembled the circles onto the card panel in a pleasing layout.  Next, I flicked more Gold and Sparkle Silk onto the card panel.  
Next, I stamped the Sweet 'n Sassy Creative Worship "Fill Me Up" sentiment and the coffee cup using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and my Misti.  I colored the cup with a "Dot" pattern to mimic the design of the card.  After that, I fussy cut the cup and cut the sentiment and arranged them on the card.  Of course, few of my cards are without fibers or ribbon so I added a little bow using some Hemptique twine.  I added a few Nuvo Drops pearls here and there and then mounted the card onto the berry card base.

Like the card?  If so, please join the fun and create a card using the sketch below.  My sketches are always inspired by the cards I create so I hope you find them fun and challenging!  If you do happen to play along, please add a link to our inlinkz below.  I look forward to seeing your creation!


No comments:

Post a Comment