Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Joy Clair, Bread of Life...

Hello there cardmakers!  I'm back with a colorful creation for the Joy Clair blog.  I created this card using the new Manna from Heaven stamp set and the Leisure Arts Premium Colored Pencils.  I love how the images and colored pencils work so well together!  Hav eyou tried them yet?  If not, you should!  
To begin making my card, I started out by doodling a frame onto a white card base (with a topfold).  I added a little doodly bow on the corner to close the frame.  After that was done, I stamped the sentiment using the Many Names stamp set.  Then, I colored my doodled frame with colored pencils.  I love that they blend so well and are just the right softness to color softly on the paper (No scratch marks!).  After coloring the frame, I stamped the grains onto the panel and colored those too.  

Next up was the bread and the porridge bowl.  I used the same sweet colors for these images.  After finishing the coloring, I applied some glaze to the grains, bread and porridge bowl to make them dimensional, thick and glossy.  After the gloss dried completely, I arranged the images onto the card and attached them with foam squares. 
I think this card can be used for a variety of reasons and with a special note inside.  I'm looking forward to finding the perfect person to send it to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment