Sunday, July 22, 2018

Sunday Sip: Continuing the fun with FSJ Coffee Helps!

Hey there inky friends!  I'm back with another fun Sunday Sip feature on the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog and I am sharing a few more cards featuring the Coffee Helps stamp and die set from Fun Stampers Journey!  Did you happen to check out the FSJ/CLC collaboration blog hop on Friday?  If not, you'll definitely want to check out the hop!  It's FULL of amazing inspiration and will probably get you a bit thirsty!  LOL.  FSJ is offering a special prize for one lucky commenter (USA) and I'm offering a special FSJ prize pack too (NON-USA), so make sure to check it out and leave some love!

Now lets get on with today's Sip and Share post!  
My first card has a little funky Christmas theme!  I love non-traditional colors for Christmas Cards and I created this fun card that made me smile the whole time I was crafting.  As you can see, the sparkly washi peeking from behind the triangles makes for a good snowy look, right?  LOVE IT!  The little snowflake diecuts also helped to carry out the successful wintery theme!  WAHOO!  
Adding a bit of glaze on the heart helped make it shine and gave a little dimension to that heart.
To soften up the stenciled effect, I brushed water over the stenciled paint to let the paint bleed a bit.  It's a great way to soften those edges!  

FSJ Products used on this project:  


My second card also features the Ring Stacks stencil and the Coffee Helps Bundle.  I love the simple FUN of this card!  It's quite a departure from my usual multi layered cards but it allowed me to add a bit of multi-media effects that helped bring it past the simple CAS design.  

To create my blue panel, I painted the stencil onto the Beach Breeze cardstock and then brushed water over the stenciled design to allow the ink to bleed a little as well as to break down the fibers on the paper.  After drying the paper with my heat gun, the paper looked quite like some mulberry paper!  I really love the effect!  
Can you see how the paper is pilling up?  That wasn't an accident!  I wanted my paper to have a textured "mulberry-like" effect.  WAHOO!
Of course, adding some stitching (minus the thread) helped add another "layer" to my card.  That little Spanish sentiment from Text Happy stamp set was too perfect not to include on my card!

 FSJ products used on this project:  


If you're inspired by this creation, please join in and play along with this week's sketch challenge.  Just make sure to add your project to our inlinkz below and share your project on social media using the hashtag #clcsipandshare.  We'd love to see your creation!  


No comments:

Post a Comment