Friday, June 1, 2018

Spring/Summer Hop: Power Poppy Cup of Columbine!

Hello there coffee loving cardmakers!  I hope you've been enjoying the hop!  I know I have.  I've got a lot of commenting left to do this weekend so I'm kind-of happy it'll be a rainy weekend so I can get it all completed.  End of the year things at school have taken up my free time.  SHEESH!  

For my final post in the hop, I'm sharing a project created using the newest Power Poppy digi stamps called "Cup of Columbine".  I love this collection of images (with and without the bird) so I decided to color my first image with a combination of Copic Markers and to finish off the coloring, I used my Leisure Arts Colored Pencils.  I love these colored pencils because they apply to the paper so creamy and cleanly!  LOVE!  
I find coloring so relaxing!  I spent the evening coloring this beautiful image up and just had a ball.  Since the image is digi, I was able to print it in the perfect size to fit my card.  This image needed no additional embellishments so I simply finished the card off by adding a little gingham ribbon.  I liked the contrast of the pretty florals and the black and white check.  
A closer look at the coloring helps you see a bit of my favorite background coloring techniques with Copics.  I love to add stippled dots here and there...I also applied some colored pencil in targeted areas of the background to give more dimension and depth.  
 I love this color combo.  I did a little google search and found a collection of Columbines in this color scheme so that was my jumping off point. 
OK...Hurry up now.  The hop is just about over!  You can do it!  Hop, Hop, Hop!  Good Luck!
Thanks for stopping by!  Check out the hop deets below.  


Hop Deets:  

When:  Friday, May 25-June 1
Theme:  Spring and Summer
Use:  Coffee/Tea/Cocoa images

Prizes Galore!
 SUPER GENEROUS SUPER SPONSORS 
Check out the lead blog post from Coffee Loving Cardmakers HERE
Direct link to the Hop post is here:  POST YOUR PROJECTS HERE 

19 comments:

  1. This is amazing. SO colorful and truly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karen! Love this awesome image!!!

      Delete
  2. So beautiful and I love the gingham ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Verna. I love the gingham because it tonesdown the fanciness a bit!

      Delete
  3. Kerry, this is a beauty...LOVE the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cup of flowers! Beautiful colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerry this is so pretty Love the color combo that you use chose to use. Awesome job shading and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful! Thanks so much for highlighting the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love using lights to medium dots in the background. I think it's my fave technique.

      Delete
  7. So pretty, love the dimension and BG!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty I need to work with my pencils more. I love the look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Combining markers and colored pencils is fun!

      Delete
  9. This is so gorgeous! Fantastic coloring with pencils and markers,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Love how you made the background... quite awesome!

    ReplyDelete