Friday, June 1, 2018

Joy Clair June Challenge...Americana...


From the Starfish, to the whitewashed bricks on the lighthouse to the sparkle of the fireworks, this card takes a bow to Americana!  I was so inspired by this photo collage that I just HAD to play along!  I incorporated as much as I could from the photo...including the little photo's themselves...ready for YOU to add some amazing smiles!  

Hey there, It's Kerry here and I'm excited to be joining my fellow Joy Clair designers as we usher in the beginning of the summer months...and all the FUN that is to be had.  We're inspired to create projects with a jumping off point in the photo above.  What part of the photo inspires YOU?  Please share in the comments! 

PS...Don't forget the challenge comes with a fabulous prize!  Playing with us is very simple!  You only need to create a project using "Anything Goes" as theme then post your project on your personal blog or in an online gallery.  Link your post to our inlinkz on the JC Blog. You can use any brand of stamps!!!
  • MUST directly link to the Joy Clair blog in your post. (Or entry will not count)
  • Projects must be NEW, no back linking, please.
  • Number of entries is unlimited.
  • Add a direct link to your project using the InLinkz below.
  • If you use a Joy Clair stamp set or sets, you will have a double of opportunities to win!
The stamps used to create this card include:  Broken Brick Background (NEW), God's Focus (Bible Journaling), Seas the Day and Let's Celebrate
After stamping the brick background onto my card base (I used Hero Arts White Pigment "Unicorn" ink), I diecut a star (I used an old QuickKutz Squeeze die in my FSJ Platinum Machine) and then added the sparkle tape.  Next, I stamped the photos onto white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and the starfish onto white cardstock with red and blue ink (Fun Stampers Journey Denim and Cranberry Bliss).  I added a bit of dimension to the starfish by burnishing the underside with a burnishing tool.  I also added some gloss to give them additional dimension and shine.
To give the kraft paper a bit more of a rustic vibe, I rubbed a bit of Memento TerraCotta ink onto it with my paper.  The final touch was to fussy cut and assemble the "collage" and then attach some jute.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope my project inspired you to create something Americana!  To view other inspiration from my teamies, please visit the Joy Clair Blog for a complete listing of the projects (and links to each one).

2 comments: