Friday, April 13, 2018

Little Acres and Coffee Loving Cardmakers...Mousie Match!

Hello there coffee loving cardmakers!  I'm thrilled to be joining my teamies on the Coffee Loving Cardmakers blog and the Designers at Little Acres Creations for a fun collaboration featuring LAC's adorable new set called "Cafe Dreamers".  This little mousie set is just the cutest and I am so excited to see what everyone has created with it!

Little Acres Designs has graciously contributed two $10 gift certificates for two lucky commenters.  Just make sure to comment on each blog post in the hop by Friday, April 20th!  A winner will be announced on their blog as well as the Coffee Loving Cardmakers blog on Monday, April 23.
If you've arrived here from Amy's blog, you're off to a great start!  If you're beginning your journey here, don't worry...I've included the complete blogroll at the bottom of my post.
I decided to create a card every mouse would love.  My inspiration was the sentiment...It had me thinking of that little mouse on her coffee (or tea) cup and what she would be dreaming of...Yes...CHEESE, CHEESE, and more CHEESE!  Soooo...I got out my pencil and started drawing some cheese.  After penciling in my cheese lines, I grabbed my Leisure Arts Colored Pencils and my Leisure Arts Watercolor Pencils and got to work!
I started out by coloring that adorable little mouse and coffee/teacup with the watercolor pencils.  After watercoloring, I ran over the image with the colored pencils to give more dimension to some areas.  I set that aside and started coloring the cheese...Oh fun!  
Isn't she cute?!  After coloring her up, I set her aside and marked up the pencil lines with my Staedtler .01 pigment pen and started coloring the cheese with the colored pencils.  After I was satisfied with the color, I fussy cut the cheese and mounted it onto a white card panel.  I used my Misti to position the sentiment perfectly on the panel then gave it two presses of ink.  After that, I just popped the mouse/cup image up onto the cheesy panel with some foam squares.  NO RIBBON.  GASP!  
Such a fun, fun set!  I loved working with this set so much!  I can't wait to play with the mouse on the upside down cup next!  

Did you know that Little Acres is celebrating their birthday?  If not, they're having a BIG BIG HOO-RAH and you are invited.  Check out all the deets on their blog and social media outlets!  
Thanks so much Little Acres for the opportunity to play with your adorable mousie set!  I just LOVE it!  Thanks visitors for stopping by to see my creation, I hope you were inspired!  Please hop on over to Helen's blog for the next stop on the hop!

35 comments:

  1. Kerry!!!!!!! I love your cute cheesy card...sorry, couldn't help it! I ALWAYS love when you add your own artwork...this is so AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I had such a fun time making cheese. HA HA. I mean, really. Cheese is life. Just like coffee. ;)

      Delete
  2. Who cut the 🧀? Kerry did! 🧀 cheese 🧀 🧀 🧀 and more cheese! Love this card so much!!!!! Made me smile and well actually to cut the cheese for my snack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. Just HAD to do it! I would have made more but I was getting pretty hungry! LOL

      Delete
  3. Aww I really love cheese background! So creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! This little mouse needed some cheese, right?!

      Delete
  4. This is so cute and love the hand drawn cheese!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie. It was fun to make my idea come to life! :)

      Delete
  5. This is cute and creative, Thank you, Kerry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Chelle. This set was so fun to work with. Watch for more on Sunday. ;)

      Delete
  6. Kerry, that is soooooo adorable!
    Your coloring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think I could have pulled in a few more colors (blues/purples) to bring out more dimension but....oh well.

      Delete
  7. Your coloring is fantastic. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Gina! It is always fun to add my little doodles.

      Delete
  8. My first thought was, “Where did she get those awesome cheese stamps?” You DREW all that cheese??!! This card is so original I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. I love to doodle and adding them successfully to my card ideas is always a perk! :)

      Delete
  9. What an adorable card!!! I love the dimension you created by popping the image up :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you. My cards are never without layers and foam squares! :)

      Delete
  10. OMG this is super super cute, love the cheese in the background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy. I had such a blast creating it! :)

      Delete
  11. Kerry, you are SO creative!! Love the cheese background and your coloring is perfect as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. My mind takes me places and I just have to give it a go to see if it will work! Mice are like me...We dream of cheese!

      Delete
  12. Very cute card! I love all the cheese in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love love love this! LOVING the cheese!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so cute, Kerry! You're so creative! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fun post, lovely and unique card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my goodness! the cheese! the cheese! delightful card!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a Cheesy card! (ba dum dum!) ... seriously cute! Love the cheese background!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun and awesome
    card! I can’t believe that you
    drew all of that cheese! I was
    assuming it was stamps until
    I read further! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a clever and creative use of this fun set!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving that you put in your own artwork on your background cheese...yum yum. Adorable and clever background...I'm a big cheese lover too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card and I love the cheese. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awe you went a little farther and added cheese I love it. Fits so well. So cute

    ReplyDelete