Sunday, April 29, 2018

Sunday Sip...Little Treasures

Hello there coffee-loving crafters!  It’s Kerry here and I’m back with another fun Sunday Sip!  Today I’m featuring one of the most adorable finds from my adventures in Washington, DC this past weekend.  I attended the Smithsonian Craft Show on Friday and Saturday and came home with many new treasures.  This show was absolutely fabulous and there was a wide variety of artisans from all around the USA (and elsewhere).  I purchased several pieces of pottery, and some beautiful mixed media art.
On Saturday, I happened upon this tea-loving crafter named Mimi Kirchner.  She crafts whimsical stuffed toys and trinket wares from felt (and teacups she finds at thrift stores).  Her “Tiny Worlds” were too irresistible to pass up, so I selected this adorable pincushion in a teacup because you know how much I love pottery and crafty fun!!
I was inspired by the fall colors of this particular piece and really loved the cup.  If you’re inspired by her adorable creations too, she has the pattern for this little pincushion available in her Etsy shop HERE.

Check out the other “Tiny World” teacup pincushions she had available at the show:





Which one strikes your fancy?  Do they have your wheels turning?  They do for me!  I decided to alter a teacup stamped image (doodled) and make my own little “Tiny World” inspired card.  I think I’ll send it to her as a thank you!

To create my card, I used the coffee cup from the Joy Clair “Christmas Coffee” set and doodled some freeform florals and the “Tiny World” using a Staedtler .01 black pigment pen.  I colored my doodles with my Leisure Arts Watercolor Pencils.  I then added more color using Leisure Arts Premium Colored Pencils. After that, I fussy cut the image and popped it up onto the card with foam squares.  The sentiment comes from the ever popular “Hello Sentiments” Set.
Isn’t it the sweetest?  Adding some Nuvo Crystal Drops in Ivory Seashell and Bubblegum Blush, Nuvo Aqua Crystal Shimmer (Pen) and some pretty pastel ribbon finished the card off.  The Plaid printed paper comes from the Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid 6×6 pad.
I loved chatting with Ms. Kirchner about her craft and she graciously agreed to be featured here on my blog post today.  I hope you join me in hopping over to her blog/Etsy shop and show appreciation for her work.  

Since I’m featuring this fabulous artist Instead of offering a sketch challenge today, I thought it would be fun to SHARE something a bit different.   I’ll be gifting one “Tiny World” pattern from Mrs. Kirchner’s Etsy Shop…All you have to do is comment on this post and share which “Tiny World” you love most from the photos above.  I’ll announce a winner next Sunday!  Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment