Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Flawless Funnies...

Hello there stamping friends!  Today I'm joining my fellow Joy Clair design team sisters in a fun presentation of a make-up set.  You might say:  I'm not a make-up kind of person (as I did) and wonder how in the world you could make this set work for YOU sooo...I'm here to share you how you can get a few chuckles and play along.  Hope you enjoy!
Did you laugh?  I hope so!  This is a fun little quirky card that would be perfect to send to a friend feeling down or in need of a belly laugh.  I took some liberties using the Flawless set, and you can too!  In doing so, I completely got into the zone and didn't take process step photos like I usually do.  I was so focused on trying to make this set work for me that I just completely went with the flow.
I learned in art class long ago that if you don't like an image, turn, twirl and twist the image until you see something you like.  That's exactly what I did.  The compact became some giant eyes, the blusher brush bristles became some freakin' thick lashes, the cross-hatched heart became a nose, the bottom of the lipstick case became a mouth-complete with a bumpy tongue!
I set off these images using the Wood Background that I embossed in white on a bright yellow base. Adding to the quirkified look, I punched a few holes, stapled the corners, added a few dotty strips for texture and mounted it wonky-style on some graph paper and a white card base.  Totally FUN and unexpected!
And look at how awesome this tongue turned out!

Hope you enjoyed this quirky-fun card!  Now back to the other designers who stuck to the script. LOL.

6 comments:

  1. This is such a fun card Kerry!! I love the tropical feel of your card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Thanks! It was a STRETCH to make this stamp set work for me. I do not do make-up and just had to find a way to "Make it work!" hee hee...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much. It was a tricky set and I'm happy my muse gave me a few chuckles. LOL

      Delete
  3. I did laugh and I love it. Thanks so much for the ideas. I will definitely be trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on that set, Kerry. Thanks for inspiring me to twist and turn!

    ReplyDelete