Friday, February 3, 2017

Hopping Along... Joy Clair Februrary Blog Hop

Welcome to the Joy Clair February Release Blog Hop!  The design team is excited to share our projects with you throughout the month but today, we're giving you a little taste of what's to come for each of the four stamp sets being released today!  

Introducing the February Release:  
-Be Brave  (Sale:  $18.00)
-Prayer Warrior (Sale:  $11.00)
-Wild and Free (Sale:  $11.00)
-Happy Camper (Sale: $11.00)
-Aztec Background Builder (Sale:  $11.00)

In sharing our excitement, we'll be giving away a special gift certificate to one lucky commenter! Just make sure to visit each hop-stop, check out our creations, and share a comment.  If you do, you'll be entered into the drawing for a $25.00 gift certificate to the Joy Clair Shop! (That's about 2 stamp sets FREE!).  

SO let's get hoppin!  

If you've hopped over here from Martha's blog, you're on the right track.  If not, you can always continue hopping along from here.  Just make sure to make the full cycle!  

Here's the hoppin'-path...just follow our tasty crumbs...




For the hop, I selected the awesome Be Brave set.  This is a gorgeous LARGE 6x8 Bible Journaling Set that is complete with many, many images and scripty sentiments to help you create a page you'll revisit often.  Take a peek:  
My Bible study focused on 1 Chronicles 28:20:  

"Then David said to Solomon his son, BE STRONG AND COURAGEOUS and do it.  Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed, for the Lord God, even my God, is with you.  He will not leave you or forsake you, until all the work for the service of the house of the Lord is finished."  

In reading, this reminded me to never question the journey we are on in this world...We must Be determined to continue to fight for what's right and never be thwarted by fear or intimidating circumstance.  No matter how scary it may be, He will be with you. Helping guide and protect you.  

As I journeyed through this page spread...my artistic interpretations of this verse got a bit more "angry", more "slappy".  I was felt a sense that I was being less careful in the placement of my medium and was more determined to continue on.  Even through mistakes (my hot wax blew in directions unintended), I carried on...Not afraid of "messing it up".  
In creating this page spread, I used ivory acrylic paint wash over the border.  I also blended a bit of red/pink and yellow reinker into the paint to color the medium.  After creating the base color, I applied the stamped image (Versafine Onyx) and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I used Antique Silver Rub-n-Buff along the edges to age the pages as well as make them shiny.  I love how this medium just takes my pages into the "HOLY" light.  <3 .="" nbsp="" p="">
In taking a closer peek, you'll see I added some hot wax (Gold) that was melted and blown on the page using my heat gun.  The wax threads had a mind of their own and blew everywhere!  NOT exactly what I had envisioned but I pressed on, and embraced the "oopses".  I was able to gather a few pools of wax so that I could press the small feather stamp into them.  YES, you can use photopolymer stamps as impression tools!   Adding a bit of Washi tape (Target last year) and some punched/doodled/distressed hearts helped to tell the journey of my study.  
As I continued on to the left side of the page, another verse called to me.  1 Chronicles 29:17-19

"I know, my God, that you test the heart and have pleasure in uprightness.  In the uprightness of my heart I have freely offered all these things, and now I have seen your people, who are present here, offering freely and joyously to you."  18 O Lord, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, our fathers, keep forever such purposes and thoughts in the hearts of your people, and direct their hearts toward you.  19 Grant to Solomon my son a whole heart that he may keep your commandments, your testimonies, and your statutes, performing all, and that he may build the palace for which I have made provision."

This was ever so much a reminder to ME that in these trying times for my country (and our world), I need to keep my thoughts positive and within love's light...Pure and kind...Loving and forgiving... Such a challenge...Such a task!  I pleaded with my Lord...and in my journaling, I added the banner "TEST MY HEART!"  Oh yes, indeed...Challenge me, test me and help me become a stronger person.  
Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit my post.  I hope you find joy in the journey and discovery of worship through artful expressions.  Bible Journaling does indeed help me become a more reflective and thoughtful person of God.  I so appreciate the time I am able to connect spiritually and artistically.  Joy Clair stamps allow me to do that perfectly!  

Now, I would like to invite you to hop over to Lindsay's blog to check out her gorgeous creation and video.  I know you're going to love it!  Remember:  Please make sure to visit each and every blog on the hop.  Make sure to comment too.  You never know, you just might be a lucky duck and win that prize!  You have until Feb. 6 (Midnight EST) to comment on each post.  Good luck!  

8 comments: