Saturday, September 12, 2020

Sending you HUGE hugs...Miss Ink creations

 

Hello there inky friends,  Today I'm sharing a special little card I created featuring the adorable new Hippo Hooray stamp set from Miss Ink Stamps.  I think this has to be one of the cutest stamp sets out there and I knew it would be a perfect set to create a card for a friend who's in the hospital with COVID.  I know she can't have visitors right now, but I hope she knows I'm praying for her and this little greeting will be waiting for her when she gets home. I also paired it up with the fun Sunburst Stencil to create a fun light from above water scene as a backdrop for my cute little water family.  
To create the background, I used the stencil a blending brush and four BLUE inks from Wendy Vecchi.  I twisted the stencil for each color applied to create the beautiful rays of light.  I then flicked some white acrylic paint on the background for some added layering.  
Next, I diecut a circle (with stitching) and punched a couple holes at the top so I could thread some teal twine and a button through.  Stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx ink and then stamped the sea grass with Wendy Vecchi ink.  I then stamped and colored the critters with my Copic Markers.  

To finish things off, I mounted this circle onto the page with foam squares and then assembled the critters around that with foam squares.  I mounted this image onto a white card base and called it DONE!  

Thanks for hopping over today to check out this card.  I hope it inspires you to create something cute and FUN!   See you again soon!  

2 comments:

  1. Love the sunburst at first look it reminded me of the bounce brayer technique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. This stencil technique was fun and easy-peasy!

      Delete