Friday, July 31, 2020

Miss Ink Stamps NEW RELEASE SNEEK: Firetruck Duck!



Hello there inky friends!  Miss Ink Stamps NEW RELEASE Day is coming soon (August 1) and I'm so excited to share a little sneaky treat with you today.  This adorable little set called "Firetruck Duck" is just the cutest and I'm so thrilled to be able to share a card I created with it today! 

Firetruck Duck is an adorable set complete with playful ducks, a firetruck and some punny sentiments!  To create my card, I started out by using the Sunburst Stencil.  I used two colors from the Wendy Vecchi blendable inks line to create the sun rays and then added some microfine glitter as well as Champagne Stardust to add more bold pops of sparkle.  

After creating the background, I colored the images with Copic markers and then fussy cut them out.  I set them aside and mounted the starburst panel onto a piece of light blue cardstock.  I then added some graph paper to the edge the page.  Next, I machine stitched these layers together and then mounted the ducks to the panel.  I mounted this panel onto a light yellow card base (with a topfold).

After the front panel was complete, I started working on the inside.  I used the same techniques- but lowered the sun rays so that a message could easily fit at the top portion of the panel.  
I just love this card and I know you'll have a BALL playing with this set too!  I hope it inspires you to create something fun and playful!  


5 comments: