Monday, August 3, 2020

Richard Garay Designs August Card Club: Stronger Together

Hello there inky friends!  Today I'm sharing a card I created using the gorgeous new August Card Club kit stamp set from Richard Garay Designs.  This card features the beautiful red rubber set "Stronger Together" and tid-bits of the splatter stamp from the new "Life Happens"  red rubber sentiment set.

To start things off, I inked the floral stamp using Tangy Orange Sugar Cube Ink and added some Rich Cactus Sugar Cube ink to the leafy/stem portion of the flower.  Before stamping onto Powdered Sugar Sugar Stock, I huffed the ink to make sure it was wet.  I then applied more of the leaves here and there using Tangy Apple Sugar Cube ink.
After stamping the flowers and leaves I used some colored pencils to help add dimension and extra color to the flowers.  Next, I stamped the little splatter marks (from the splatter background stamp in the "Life Happens" sentiment set) using Black Taffy Sugar Cube ink.  I also added some colored pencil around those dots to help them blend more with the floral scene.  If you look closely, you'll also see a few scratches of Opaque White Gelly Roll pen.
When the floral panel was done, I mounted it onto Sweet Banana cardstock and then onto a piece of Tangy Apple cardstock.  I tied some orange satin ribbon around a Powdered Sugar base and then attached the stamped panel.  Finally, I cut the fun scalloped border from the Deco Strips die set, applied some clear microfine glitter and attached it to the underside of the stamped panel to add extra interest.  I also tied some hot pink satin ribbon around the orange ribbon to pull a little pink out of the orange flowers.

Thanks so much for hopping over today.  The Card Club is available until sold out.  It includes four kitted card projects (with written instructions), the full red rubber set and a private link to the card club project how-to video.  Check it out and order yours today!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards. Love the colours the kit looks fantastic
    Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. This is such a gorgeous set and I'm so happy it is available in RED RUBBER! Nothing beats the beauty of a red rubber stamped image! I love orange and think that all the colors used together on this card really make me smile!

      Delete