Saturday, June 6, 2020

Hey Buckaroo! Reviving a retired TCP stamp set!

Hey there buckaroo!  Today I'm excited to share a card I created using a playful little retired stamp set (now revived in DIGI FORM!)

I created this card using the new digital version of "Happy Trails".  This stamp set (and its pardner "Western" ;) tumbled in like some lonesome tumbleweeds and I'm thrilled to be able to scoop 'em up and fiddle with 'em a bit.  The original stamp set has long since retired but now, you and I can play with it in digi form...YEE HAW!  
Happy Trails Digital Stamp Set
To create my card, I started out by creating a rectangle frame in MS Word.  I then dragged the cactus images into the square and then flipped one horizontally so that it would look "different" on the scene.  I then dragged a few more of the images outside of the rectangle so that I could create a layered image with my scene.  After compiling all the images onto my Word document, I printed and cut out the rectangle scene.  I colored that first with Copic markers.  

Next, I colored the buckaroo and the additional cactus images and fussy cut them so that I could pop them onto the scene.  I love that little cowboy riding on a stick horse!  HEE HEE. 
 After completing the scene, I mounted it onto terra-cotta cardstock and then onto some sage cardstock.  That was then mounted onto white cardstock and the sentiment was placed to complete the card! So fun, Makes me smile!  Thanks Alma for reviving this set!  I''ll be moseying on to the "Western" digi soon...Perhaps a bucket 'o peanuts caper?  We shall see! 
Western Digital Stamp Set

Thanks for hopping over and I hope you have a great weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment