Friday, March 6, 2020

Graciellie Design meets WOW! Embossing Powders and Glitters!!!

Hello there inky friends!  Today, I'm joining some of my fellow Graciellie Design team members as well as the designers for WOW! Embossing Powders in a fun Instagram collaboration hop!  Join us for inspiration and card ideas featuring Graciellie Design digital stamps and WOW! Embossing powders and glitters.  Make sure to check out all the inspiration and leave some love along the way.  You may win a $75 prize!  

I've included the list of all the IG participants at the bottom of my post.  Please use it to help you navigate the hop.  


My first card features the beautiful vintage roses from the "Hey Beautiful" set.  I paired the images with a fun dotty/glittery/pearlescent embossed background.  (To create the dots, just simply apply fine glue dots to your cardstock and emboss over that).
 I selected three colors of WOW! powder to create my design.

While the Mint Macaroon Embossing Powder allowed for a pearlescent and smooth dotty effect, the Oceanic Embossing Powder allowed for a deep matte finish.  To add a pop of sparkle, I selected the Crushed Ice Sparkles which really helped carry the dotty movement of my design into the next level.  This trio of powders was a dream to work with!!
My next card features the brand new digi set called:  "Coffee is Life". Of course I HAD to create with the newest coffee themed set, right?!  HA HA.

I selected a deep coral cardstock for my base and then brushed some gold medium over the paper.  While wet, I sprinkled three powders onto my panel to crate this fun brushstroke background.

The pearlescent sheen of the Metalline Himalayan Musk is just so gorgeous.  You'll see that sheen more closely in the picture at the end.  I also added two very sparkly glitters "Truffle Sparkles" and "Oh Dorothy! Sparkles".  The Truffle sparkle added a richness that worked beautifully with the colors of the digital image.  And that Oh Dorothy!, well, it added the pop of red that I wanted to pull out of the coffee bean fruits.
After working with the background, I colored the coffee flower/berry/pods using Copics and then fussy cut.  After that, I attached the sentiment banner (my preferred sentiment treatment) and added some taupe satin ribbon.  YUM!
Adding just a few strips of golden cardstock helped tie in the sparkle of the background and lift some of the gold medium through.  Just the delish layers upon layers of yummy goodness is what I was after.
 Just look at that metallic/pearlescent sheen...and that sparkle.  YUM!
Thanks so much for hopping over to check out my cards.  Please make sure to hop over to my fellow crafty peeps blogs/FB pages and IG pages to check out their work!  Also, check out all that Gracielle Design and WOW! embossing powders has to offer.  You're going to LOVE it!

Instagram HOP ROLL:  

@wowembossing (Collaboration image)
@gracielliedesign (Graciellie Design)
@joherbert (Jo Herbert)
@tenianelson (Tenia Renee Nelson)
@jenccards (Jenny Colacicco)
@helengdesigns (Helen Gullett)
@delandartie (Daniel West)
@estherasbury (Esther Asbury)
@notableink (Amber Rain Davis)
@strangelycreative (Ericka Strange)
@sanjuscreations_craft (Sandhya Iyer)
@dunjatrautmann (Dunja Trautmann)
@stampinbugkerry (Kerry Urbatch)
@danag_crafts (Dana Gong)
@made_by_moongirlor (Laura Mooney)
@prettylittlebutton (Verity Biddlecombe)
@natashavacca02 (Natasha Vacca)
@vickipoulton (Vicki Poulton)
@kraftpaperstamps (Dana Warren)
@one.crafty.ash (Ashleigh Freeston)
@scrapwithlaurie (Laurie Machnik)

2 comments:

  1. I like the sparkly backgrounds and pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The sparkles are EVERYTHING! HEE HEE HEE!

      Delete