Friday, March 13, 2020

There is hope in rainbows...


Hello there inky friends!  Today I'm popping in to share a little hope for this crazy world right now. Like many others across the world, today, I started the first day off of school from the crazy that is happening right now.  You know what I mean, right?  Well, as many are on heightened alert, I decided to create a little sunshine...Well, kind-of.  

I checked my mailbox for the first time in several weeks (I usually have junk mail in there) and I discovered a little sunshine amongst the trash...

This little treat was a prize from an Instagram giveaway that I won from Michele Ferguson.  This sweet little hands die set from Essentials by Ellen was such a treat!  I pulled it out of the packaging and had a vision for what my first card would be.  

We need a rainbow right now.  We need some sunshine!  
At first, I thought about diecutting some yellow rubber gloves since everyone is washing, washing, washing their hands.  But after I diecut them, they didn't completely cut off the paper...Instead the base of the hand was left uncut creating a little "flappy hands" action.  I thought it would be fun to tuck something behind the "gloves" so I created a little rainbow tag.  I used Copics, a little doodling and some colored pencils to make my card come to life. 

Yes, we do need the hope from rainbows to hold on to right now...

Hold on.  We're in this together! 

Thanks so much Michele for this adorable treat!  I will enjoy exploring how to use this new die set in fun ways.  :).

1 comment: