Monday, December 16, 2019

North Pole Or Bust! A TCP Christmas


Hello there inky friends!  Today I'm sharing a sweet little Christmas card I recently mailed out in my 2019 Christmas Card stash.  I created this card with some yummy Distress Oxide Ink and the most adorable penguin image from The Cat's Pajamas.  I wanted this card to be peppermint-y so I mixed in some red and white striped ribbon and added some tiny jingle bells for fun.  
I used the adorable TCP Set called "North Pole Or Bust!" Its a sweet collection of images that include some fun penguin antics and some great sentiments.  After stamping and coloring the image, I added some glaze and microfine glitter to create a sparkly iceberg and a shiny sweet peppermint stick. 
To add some sparkle and shine, I mounted my image onto a teal candy cup and then fringed it with my scissors.  I then attached that to a red candy cup and tucked the whole thing under the ribbon I attached to the thin panel that I inked and machine stitched before mounting to an inked panel. 

I discovered something fabulous when I was using the distress ink.  I flicked water onto the panel to create some splatter marks and on some of those wet "marks", I rubbed the ink over the top and it made the splatters darker....so now I know that I can lift color and I can add color to create light droplets OR dark droplets!  WOOP!

Thanks for hopping over to check out today's card.  I'll see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment