Saturday, November 2, 2019

Coffee Lovers Fall/Winter Hop Day 2: Super Sponsor Graciellie Designs!

WOO HOOO UPDATE!  IT WORKS AGAIN!!! 

Well, here we go again...Not able to upload photos.  Come on Blogger!  Get it together!!!

I'm sharing this card for the hop on my Instagram account @stampinbugKerry and will share it here when Blogger gets its act together and gets the photo upload function working again.  GRRR...

I'll post the details in the meantime.

Are you hopping?  It's day 2 of the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop and I'm hopping every day of the hop.  The hop will continue until November 8, so please join us and play along.  The only requirement is to post/share a card featuring coffee, tea, cocoa, spirits in a cup...whatever!  Since it's fall, I'm focusing my projects on Fall/and the upcoming winter season.  There are a TON of sponsors (thank you!) and lots of awesome prizes!!!

Today's card features the fabulous digital designs of Super Sponsor Graciellie Designs!  My project includes the newest designs available in Gracie's shop:    Digi Papers "Cozy Christmas" and digi stamp set:  "Cuddle in a Cup" and the circle tag/disc from the "Cheery Cocoa" Mini set.

Now there's one thing I really love:  Patterned Paper.  BUT I don't really like to print it from my own printer.  I like having it handy in a pre-printed pad all ready to go.  I also like to keep my printer working with just black ink- so I am very frugal with my colored inks.  Well, I couldn't resist the papers in Gracie's new digi set so I took the plunge and hit the print button on the red plaid pattern...Welp, it was a womp, womp, womp.  The paper printing was a disaster and I used up a ton of green/yellow and black inks in the process.  UGHHHH.. Check it out!


Well, just imagine a little more...I was DETERMINED to not let this precious ink go to waste so I cut this printed paper out and prepped for a coloring adventure.

I pulled the colors for my digital cup images from the paper that was printed.  I knew I would never get that printed design again as that "running on empty" design was a one-off.  I pulled some Copic Colors and got straight to coloring the image.  Coloring is fun anyway so I was happy to give her a go!

Well, I distressed the printed paper with some red ink and a blending brush and whipped up the card in a flash...well, maybe not that fast.  Here's the result.  I'm pretty happy with it too!
Isn't it FESTIVE?!  I love how it turned out!
Look at the fun tag.  I love that I can digitally add any sentiment to the center of the little tag circle.  

And just distressing the edges of the green printed paper with the oopsie red just helped to make the paper more intentional.  HA HA!  Matching the colors with my Copics helped too! 

I call that a VICTORY!  I still stick to it:  I DON'T LIKE PRINTING PATTERN PAPER!  PLEASE GRACIE: CONVINCE UNITY TO CARRY THIS PAD IN THEIR SHOP!!!  I'll buy several pads!!!

Gracie is offering a special sale during the Coffee Lovers Hop too!  25% off everything in her shop!  Her prices can't be beat so I invite you to hop over there and check things out!

Thanks for stopping by and let me know if you saw my awesome card on IG or on many other FB groups.  I hope Blogger workers are reading this...LET ME POST MY PHOTOS!!!  PS>>>THANKS BLOGGER FOR FIXING IT AGAIN. I HOPE YOU KEEP IT UP! 


3 comments:

  1. So cute and colorful. I like how you were able to save the paper. I would have the same problem as you which is why I don't use digital papers.

    ReplyDelete