Sunday, September 15, 2019

Introducing: La La Land Crafts September Kit of the Month!

Hello there inky friends!  Today I'm excited to share I'm guest designing for Club La La Land Crafts Kit of the Month for September and the September kit is just too, too adorable!  Check out the newest critter to the pack...A little mischievous mouse!  In this kit, Mr. Mouse is helping out at the lemonade stand.  He's squeezing, shaking, peeling, carrying and slurping sour lemons one right after the other!  
I created several projects using supplies from this kit (and additional products from LLLC and I'm thrilled to share a couple of them with you today.  If you're a member of the club, you'll receive a written tutorial of my first card (with link to a private video).  I hope my projects inspire you.  :)

My first card is a little twist on the sentiment "Squeeze the Day".  When I hear that, I immediately think ORANGE JUICE...SOOO...I turned my lemony themed project into an orange juice card.  

Such a fun little mouse, right?  I paired him up with a yummy glass of OJ with some crunchy ice cubes.  I mounted my images onto a Scalloped Rectangle diecut.  I also thought a yummy glass of OJ would look mighty fine against a fun plaid background so i stamped my card panel using the JUST FOR YOU background panel.  Yum, yum!
Of course I couldn't leave out a pretty bow!  I used a coordinating orange satin ribbon to add a bit of ME to the card.  :)

Coloring Details:  Copic Markers
Mouse:  C0, C1, W3, RV000, White Opaque Gelly Roll Pen
Juice:  Y11, Y15, Y35, YR65
Ice Cubes:  Colorless Blender, BG53

Next up, a LEMON SQUEEZY card!  
I decided for this card I would also highlight the cutie-patootie mice and the yummy LEMONS(ADE) diecut and the lemonade stand diecut.  I cut the lemonade stand to create a little fence instead.  These busy mice are working hard to get that lemon stand up and running.  They've got BIG plans to buy more Copics with the money they earn from their lemonade stand so they're going ALL IN for LEMONDADE!  


I started out by creating a "cheesy" polka-dotty background with the super fun double layering stencil SO MANY DOTS After creating the fun background, I moved on to coloring the mice with my Copic Markers.  I layered the pages and even tucked in a few scalloped edges of the larges scalloped rectangle diecut I made.  I knew I wanted to add the pitcher of lemonade so placed it just so at the base of the fence.  They're just a waiting for a little refreshing rest!
 I used my Copics to give added to dimension and color to the diecut sentiment. Such an adorable group of cuties, right?!
I mean look at that little fella.  He is working hard gathering the perfect lemons for his squeezy shop.
...and while the other mouse is gathering just the perfect lemons, his best bud is doing a little advertising!  50 cents is cheesy change when it comes to a good 'ole lemonade!

Copic Colors Used:  
Mouse:  C0, C1, W3, C7 (for mouse with lemon), RV000, White Opaque Gelly Roll Pen 
Lemons and Lemonade Sign: G24,YG13, YG41, YR65, Y15, Y35, Y11
Lettering:  Y11, Y15, Y35, YR65

Thanks so much for hopping over to check out my projects!  I'll be sharing a few more projects in a few days so make sure to hop over to my blog in a few days and check it out!
-->

2 comments:

  1. Love the play on words with the orange.
    Cute set. thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a little comment love. :)

      Delete