Saturday, September 14, 2019

Happy Elegance...RG Avenue

Hello there inky friends!  Today I get to share a few cards with you featuring the gorgeous images from RG Avenue. 

To create my first card, I printed the "Much Love" images and the "Filled Garden" images directly from the PDF files I received in my order.  Did you know that when you order stamp sets through RG Avenue you also receive digital files?  That's right!  That means you have the opportunity to use the images while you're waiting for the snail mail to arrive.  Pretty awesome, I say!  

After printing the images, I colored them using a super-fine paintbrush and RG Avenue Sugar Drops.  Sugar Drops are watercolor-like colors that allow you to refresh your ink pads as well as use them stand-alone as a coloring medium.  They're yummy!  After coloring, I fussy cut my images and started assemvling the card. 

I love watercoloring these images!  RG Avenue Sugar Drops work beautifully for watercolor-like effects!
As I was looking at my colored images, I thought they were pretty enough for some added elegance so I pulled out my packet of Doily Elements (laser cut shapes) and selected one of the square elements as a backer frame for my colored images.  The laser cutting just made these stamped images even more elegant!  While layering the images, I added some golden thread and adde a few golden pearls.  Pretty, pretty!  

Embellishing:  Doily Elements, gold thread, pearls from stash 

My second card was created especially for my Mom's birthday.  selected some leaves, posies and sentiment from a few new RG Avenue sets and printed, colored and fussy cut the images.  
After cutting the images, I stamped the dotty background onto my card base and then splattered some white ink onto the panel.  After that, I mounted the square doily element onto a piece of pink cardstock and then tied some golden sparkly ribbon around the front of the card base.  Next, I started tucking my images in here and there until I was satisfied with their placement.  All of my images are adhered with foam squares.  
A closer peek allows you to see the soft white of the dots on the card base and also helps show the soft coloring on the flowers.  
Two gorgeous and elegant cards in the books!  I can't wait to play with these sets again.  I just love mixing and matching the florals.  Thanks so much for stopping by! See you again soon.   

Stamps:  Filled Garden, Mandala Boho (Special Convention Release), Dot Dot Background
Ink:  Powdered Sugar (for dot dot background)
Embellishing:   Doily Elements, Gold sparkly ribbon from stash

No comments:

Post a Comment