Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Joy Clair and Clear Scraps Collaboration: Wooden Easel Fun!

Hello there inky friends!  I'm so excited to be sharing a fun little end-of-the-school-year gift using Clear Scraps wooden elements and Joy Clair stamps!  WOOP!!!  Check out the Joy Clair Blog for more collaboration projects ALL THIS WEEK! Make sure to leave some love too... You just might win a prize!!!
Today I'm featuring the Clear Scraps Vintage Wood Phone Stand.  Not only can this wood piece be a cell phone stand, it can also be a card stand (for photos) as well as a little recipe card easel or, in this case, an "End of the school year" photo stand.  I know that this time of year brings all the feels for many families and the "Last Day of School" photos have been flooding my social media pages.  How about you?

They're so adorable.  Why not capture the image, print it and gift it to someone special?  This easel is the perfect showcase for that photo!  As for me as a kindergarten teacher, I would be thrilled to prop up a little class photo on this easel and set it atop my desk on the first day of school.  A little reminder of all the growth to come!
I started out by painting the easel using ivory acrylic paint.  After the paint dried, I stamped the little apple from the new Teacher set using Palette Black ink and then heat set.  After that, I painted over the apples a bit with a drybrush technique so that the apples could peek through.  I didn't want the apples to be crisp and clean, I wanted them to leave hints that they are there.  


After the paint dried, I applied some Copic coloring and stippling to the apples using a variety of red/pink/green colors.  After I was happy with the color, I flicked some ivory acrylic paint over it to finish off the panel.  To finish off the design and move on to gift-giving presentation, I cut a piece of red cardstock into a tag shape attached some ribbon and twine (and a red button) and added a punny little sentiment.  Now it's ready for its debut!  
This was such a fun project and I look forward to propping up a class photo on this easel when school begins!  Thanks Clear Scraps for the opportunity to play with your wood products.  I had a ball!  

No comments:

Post a Comment