Friday, May 24, 2019

Sneaky Peek Week: Day 4: Scripted Sentiments and Bird Cage Die

 Hey there inky friends!  I'm back with DAY 4 of sneaky peek week at The Cat's Pajamas!  Today we're sneaking a peek of the new "Scripted Sentiments" set.  This is a gorgeous set full of large scripty sentiments.  Perfect to make a BOLD statement for many occasions.  I selected the "never Give Up" sentiment for a stamping friend who is in the fight of her life right now.  I'm sending her all of the strength and love I can right now as she battles the big C.

Since her favorite color is purple, I selected some purple and ivory inks to create a luscious background with my Gelli Plate.  After lifting the color off the plate, I used my heat gun to quick-dry the panel then used the Flutter By die to create a fun flowy impression in the paper.

Next, I diecut a ton of posies from the Flower Buttons Cut Ups die set using printed paper from my stash and added some distressing to some white flowers with lavender ink.  Next, I attached some bows and buttons with lavender twine.
I stamped the sentiment and fussy cut it then started to arrange my collage.  Finding the perfect ribbon was important for me...I chose some of my most precious velvet ribbon that I've been keeping tucked away for just the right occasion.  
After attaching the ribbon, I arranged the posies in a cluster design and then finished the card off by adding the two lavender butterflies of hope...I hope and pray my inky friend remains strong and fights this disease with all her might!  

Thanks for hopping over and checking out my project.  I hope you were inspired by my creation and hope you hop over to the TCP blog to check out all the other inspirational sneaks today!  

13 comments:

  1. Your friend will love this and be so appreciative of your thoughtfulness. It's beautiful. Prayers going up for your friend.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card, Kerry that I'm sure your friend will appreciate! A wonderful combination of elements. Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring us all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!! I love the flower buttons, the colors, the way it all comes together is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO MANY gorgeous layers! I love the colors and the buttons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, so many great textures going on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the colors and textures. I've added your friend to my prayer list😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! Love the colors and the layers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, love all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the layering and flowers! Beautiful sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The purple background is very cool. I like the splotchy look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful encouraging card for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete