Sunday, March 24, 2019

Sunday Sip...and a tower of coffee!

This week for my Sunday Sip post at Coffee Loving Cardmakers, I wanted to welcome Spring this week with a bright and cheery card!  

Just imagine the new grass growing, tons of daffodils and tulips popping up out of the ground and a stack of deelish coffee cups piling up in your sink.  LOL! 

My card today features a color scheme that's bright yellow and green and incorporates two new stamp sets from RG Avenue (RG Studio 360) called Happy Place and Scottish Napkin
To create this card, I started out by pulling out my Mysti so I could stamp the fun plaid background onto the limey green cardstock using RG Avenue Ink Rich Cactus. I then used an Opaque White Gelly Roll pen and a yellow colored pencil to add some brightness and highlights to the plaid pattern. After that, I started working on the cup stack. I stamped the cups in Black Taffy Ink and then colored with Copic Markers. I just love coloring with Copics.  It’s so relaxing!  I've shared the colors I used below, so make sure to scroll down and check 'em out.  
 After coloring the cup stack, I mounted the panels onto yellow cardstock and then started embellishing. I punched a circle to thread my lime green and sunshine yellow Hemptique Twine to and also threaded a mix of color coordinated buttons to adhere to my card. “Naked” buttons are not my thing, so of course, I had to tie a little twine through their holes.

What REALLY was my inspiration for this card?  Well, take a peek at my creamer container!  Recognize that color scheme?  Hee Hee.  My tasty Saturday morning coffee was a homemade Whole30 compliant (Yes, I’m at the tail-end of my Whole30 adventure)  iced coffee.  That's ANOTHER yum!  

Recipe:  I used Starbucks Dragon coffee, Nutpods Original creamer, vanilla bean and a sprinkling of toasted coconut.  Mighty tasty, I must say!  
Look at those mighty yummy looking coconut shavings.  SOOOO good!  

I toasted the coconut flakes so they would just melt in my mouth. They also provide a bit of sesame flavor if you ask me. Stir it around and it sinks to the bottom....and soaks up the coffee so you have a nice chewy treat when you're done! 


Thanks so much for stopping over.  I hope you have a fabulous Sunday and hope the rest of the week flies by for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment