Saturday, March 9, 2019

Ahoy There Pirate Ship: RG Avenue introduces a fun new bundle!

Hello again inky friends!  I'm back to share another FUN project created using the Ahoy Matey bundle from RG Studio 360 (RG Avenue).  I had a vision for this set and I'm so thrilled that it was able to come to life!  I created this Ahoy Matey birthday Tablescape for a fun birthday decoration!  I searched for and found the perfect ship cuttable that would help bring this set to life!  

My post here will show step by step how I created this adorable scene...  Want to recreate it?  Just purchase the bundle (or digi sets), download the fun ship printable and get down to business!  

Ahoy Matey Bundle
I found the printable for the ship on an educational website.  It was the perfect size so all I had to do was download the image on my computer and print onto SWEET CANE AND POWDERED SUGAR cardstock.  Click on the caption to download your own ship template.

Ship printable HERE 
 After printing, I cut out the images making sure to cut inside the lines of the sails so that I would not see the black lines.
After cutting, I pulled a few Copic markers and a Staedtler Microfine black pen to add some color and texture to the wood.
 Next, I used a mat knife to cut out all the window holes and the railings.  I decided not to cut the netting on the stern so that I could just add some black thread later.  More realistic you know.  ;)
After the ship was finished, I assembled it using glue and created some mast poles to secure the ship sails.  Then, I started coloring all the adorable images in the Ahoy Matey set. I didn't take a picture of each image colored, but I did the first image so that you could see the set-up and how little ink you need to color several images.  It's important to note that I use a super fine bristle brush and very little water so that I can control the ink and the flow over the paper.  I do not use watercolor paper, I just use regular Powdered Sugar cardstock.  I also use the stamp block to help create blends and remove excess fluid from my brush.  
Take a close-up look at the finished little pirate critters:  
Little Prickly Pirate has an important job up there atop the ship.  Watch, wait and YELL!!!
Fox:  I suppose he could have had a black beard...but in his case, he was rockin' the red!  He's also ready to shoot a few balls at any sneaky boats nearby...Don't you dare think about it!
Adorable Owl:  He's always on the lookout and that rascally Raccoon is ready to blast you into smithereens if you dare think of looting the treasure.
Squirrel/Woodchuck:  He's got the treasure map and he'll chop your lips off if you eek a word to anyone!
 Ayeeeee the treasure...It's sparkly and so full!  Don't you put your grubby paws on it!
Mr. Big Bear Pirate:  Says he'll be the ONLY one to light the way to the treasure so don't bother stealing his job.  He'll make sure there's no risky business.  (I used this little critter on my card because I love bears sooooo much!)

Hope you are as inspired by this project as I was!  

Ink:  
Copics for the ship:  E23, 44, Y26 and Staedtler Microfine Black pen
Sugar Drops:  Sweet Cane, Rich Honey, Sweet Banana, Nectar Stone, Rich Cherry, Sour Watermelon, Tangy Orange, Rich Cactus, Sweet Blue

3 comments: