Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Flower Power! RG Studio 360 new bundle: Cake Layers

Hey there inky friends!  I'm back with another fun card created using the newest stamp set/bundle from RG Studio 360.  This bundle "Cake Layers" is not just for Birthdays....Yep.  I said that correctly.  Check out the card I created using the adorable florals!  

To create this card, I started out by making somewhat of a watercolor wash on some Powdered Sugar cardstock.  After I added a mix of colors,  I let it dry and then machine stitched some meandering lines on the paper.  After that, I mounted this stitched panel onto Sour Mist cardstock. 

Next, I used the digital versions of the flowers.  I printed several onto some Powdered Sugar cardstock and then used the Sugar Drops reinkers below and a tiny paintbrush to give them some color.  The watercolor effect these reinkers provide is awesome!  A little drop of ink and some water goes a LONG way! 
After coloring the images, I fussy cut them out and selected a few to add to my card.  

To finish off the card, I added the stitched panel onto Powdered Sugar cardstock and then mounted onto Tangy Grape cardstock.  I attached the sentiment (printed on a circle form in MSWord and fussy cut) and some twine to the card then added the flowers.  SO FUN, so pretty, I think.  

I'll be back again tomorrow with one more fun creation using this bundle.  Hop back over tomorrow to see another TOTALLY RG inspired birthday card.  :)



2 comments: