Thursday, August 2, 2018

Joy Clair August Release: Deer Friends

Hello Joy Clair friends!  Today I'm joining my fellow Joy Clair designers in sharing some fun inspiration featuring the newest stamp sets to the Joy Clair collection!  We're also featuring some cool products from Rinea Foil in our projects.  We hope you are inspired and enjoy our creations!  If you hopped here from Helen's blog, you're on the right track. If not, you can find the complete blogroll at the bottom of my post.  

PS...If you would like a chance at the $25.00 Gift Certificate to shop Joy Clair's store, make sure to comment on each post in the hop!  A winner will be announced at the end of the month and it just might be YOU!  


I selected to feature the adorable stamp set called Deer Friends.  It's a great little set that is perfect for coloring and includes three cute little critters, some leafy elements, some woodsy items and a mixture of words with fun fonts!  

I created this adorable little gift bag for a friend.  The glassine bag looks awesome against the metallic shine of the Rinea foil, don't you think?  Let me quickly share how I created my little giftie!  

I first rubbed the Ghost Ink over the edge of the Rinea foil.  I used the Teal/Gold foil from the Peacock Variety Pack.  I let it air dry for about a minute or so and then took a dry paper towel and rubbed the teal color off.  This ink works wonders and using it always reminds me of when I remove my fingernail polish with fingernail polish remover!  HA HA!  It has no scent- so that is a perk!  
So after I rubbed off the blue, I stamped the leafy vine onto the Ghost pad and stamped directly over the paper.  I wanted to create a layered effect.  After that, I stamped the same image over that with black ink.  
The next step was to score about a half inch space from the bottom of the foil and used my scissors to fringe the bottom.  I wanted my foil to have a fringed look to give added texture as well as help the gold color on the back peek through!  

I attached the foil panel to a piece of white cardstock for extra "sturdy" support and then attached it to the glassine bag.  
I stamped and colored the little fox using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and my Copic markers then cut it out.  I added a little heart to his chest because I though he needed it.  :)  Next, I tied some orange and teal Hemptique twine around the bag.  
Finally, I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of white cardstock cut into a pennant shape with Memento Black ink and VersaClair ink.  I popped the fox and the tag onto the bag with foam squares and filled up my gift bag with some crinkle paper and a new pad of Rinea Ghost Ink.  Now, I have a sweet treat to gift a friend!  Please head on over to Angie's blog to see her newest creation!  
Blogroll:  
Kerry (That's ME!)

36 comments:

  1. Kerry, your project is just adorable -- so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kathy. Love that little Foxie! :)

      Delete
  2. I've been seeing this ghost ink technique a bit lately and just love it! So neat!
    Love the added heart to Mr. Fox (love that new set!) and what a great gift bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! The Ghost Ink is pretty fun! Wipes that color away lickety split!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! This set does have some cute animals!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie! Gotta have those gifties ready for my stamping peeps!

      Delete
  5. Great technique and love the cute fox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. It's a fun technique and so quick and easy!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia. Quick and easy and ready to send out! Smiles!

      Delete
  7. What a cute stamp set... I am partial to that fox! I had a stuffed animal fox when I was growing up, and he was my constant companion! Pretty gift bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise! How fun. Sweet you had a stuffed fox as a kiddo! I really love the Fox and the owl in this set. It's going to come in handy for fall!

      Delete
  8. Love the gift bag with the adorable fox. is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Norma. It's fun to make gift bags with cute stamps!

      Delete
  9. I've never heard of ghost ink but what a great effect and really adorable gift bag design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharti! This Ghost Ink works especially well with Rinea Foil and removes the color from the metal quickly and easily. I'm going to try it with other medium to see how it reacts. It's kind-of like fingernail polish remover ...on paper! LOL

      Delete
  10. Thank you for the intro to Rinea ink...... that's amazing. Love the fox that captures hearts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rinea Ghost ink is quite fun! It has no scent so it's pretty fun working at removing the color from the foil! I want to see what else it can do with other medium!

      Delete
  11. Sweet sweet fox - yes yes - lovely work! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute and I love how used the Rinea Foiled Paper and Ghost Ink!
    Nadine - My Scrap n' Stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nadine. It's fun mixing products and playing with new medium! :)

      Delete
  13. Wonderful gift bag! The foil is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana. I keep experimenting with the foil...It's fun to use it in many different and unexpected ways!

      Delete
  14. I have to look into that ghost ink.
    I'd not heard of it before but it sounds
    like fun. Beautiful card. Love the
    blue foil. thanks for sharing.
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. It is a pretty fun ink! I am having fun using it!

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Thanks Geri. I had fun making my little gift bag.

      Delete
  16. This is such a fun card. Thanks for sharing this technique. You colouring is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andre. I had fun making this little gift bag. Looking forward to more time to experiment and play with Rinea Foil products!

      Delete