Thursday, August 23, 2018

Joy Clair Anniversary Blog Hop...My Fave...

Hello there Joy Clair friends!  I'm joining my fellow (and some former) Joy Clair Designers as we celebrate Joy Clair's Fourth BIRTHDAY/ANNIVERSARY!  WOOP WOOP!  We're hopping along today to share some of our favorite sets in the collection and it took a LONG TIME for me to narrow it down to a "favorite".  If you've arrived here from Monica's blog, you're on the right track, if not, please check out the complete blogroll at the bottom of my post to find direction.

Joy clair will be offering FOUR $25.00 Gift Cards to their store!  Two will be awarded on the blog and two will be awarded on the Joy Clair Facebook page so make sure you hop along and comment!  You just might be a winner!  Winners will be announced on the last day of the month.  

Sooo...After himming and hawwwing and changing my mind a bazillion times, I THINK my favorite is the set called Jesus is my Jam.  I love this set because of all the fun little elements that can be combined together to create a fun, fresh, funky and faith-filled card, project or journaling page.  I've used this set so many times for various purposes and it works so perfectly for a fun and upbeat project.  
Most of the time when I am crafting and bible journaling, I'm listening to noise in the background.  Usually, when cardmaking, it's the TV.  I'm not watching, just listening, I guess.  As for journaling, stamps usually sing to me and the songs they sing are usually the ones I hear when I'm driving to and from work- praise and worship songs....and so, when I'm journaling, I listen to the songs that hold meaning to scripture and these stamp sets that just happen to fit perfectly.  
That's what I love about many of my Joy Clair Stamps in the Color By Faith line.  They sing to me!  Literally!  I'm not sure if the stamps were created or designed after some current praise and worship songs on the radio, but if they aren't, there sure seems to be some mighty power at work!

In creating this card, I the stamp set...and the music to help me build a collage.  I splattered a background of watercolor and shimmer paint and then went to town assembling the card.  I love the mix of fonts too.  The scripty font...SWOON!

Thanks for hopping over to Jessica's blog and help celebrate Joy Clair's birthday!  Do you have a Joy Clair favorite?  I'd love to know.

27 comments:

  1. I just love the card, great sentiment. I know what you mean about just listening to the tv and even the radio. I tell my husband that the tv watch’s me more than I watch it, lol. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's strange because I can't really multi-task but having background noise going on while I'm working seems to be perfectly alright! :)

      Delete
  2. Super cute I know a ton of people that would love to get this card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. I've got a special friend who could use this perk-me-up right about now.

      Delete
  3. Just beautiful! Love all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's a great set and I had fun playing with it!

      Delete
  4. I love it! I'm going to have to check out that stamp set. I only found this stamp brand today so I have a lot to get acquainted with. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie. Glad you discovered "us"! This company is pretty special. :)

      Delete
  5. The sentiment is lovely, your card is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsty. Gotta love an encouraging word! Love her font too!

      Delete
  6. Love this cool collage design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Denise. I am a certified layer-a-holic!

      Delete
  8. You got that right on the sentiment! Jesus is the ROCK - a lovely layout and beautifully done - TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card - Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Geri! It's amazing how much amazing you can create in just a short four years!

      Delete
  10. This is such a fun card and the elements are beautifully layered. The smaller supporting images are fab. I'm a new card maker and don't yet own any JoyClair stamps. At the top of my list are Three Wise Men and New Baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andre. You've got some nice favorites on your list! JC stamps are fabulous so I know when you receive some, you will agree! Welcome to the Inky club! :)

      Delete
  11. Fantastic card! So much fun and full of wonderful layers and dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can get the message across without
    being overly-sanctimonious. Fun card.
    Great message. thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very cool and really fun. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun and really spectacular card! I really love the soft colors! And I like the turquoise glitter strip across the card very cool looking! And those pink head phones are so fantastic too!!

    ReplyDelete