Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Joy Clair...Sail Away...

Hello there Joy Clair friends! It's Kerry here and today I'm sharing a card I created using a few of the newest stamp sets in the Joy Clair collection:  Light House and Inspirational Arrows.  I chose to pair these two sets together because they are both inspiring and hopeful to me. I think the sentiment on the arrow really helps encourage others to travel storms, seek adventure and take risks...even when it may be a wavy passage. I think the lighthouse and the sailboat encourage one to carry on...for there is always someone or something guiding your way!  
 To create this card, I started out by using a light blue watercolor from Leisure Arts Premium Watercolor pencils to color the diecut frame I cut out of Watercolor paper.  After that, I stamped the lighthouse onto a a piece of white cardstock using black ink.  I chose NOT to color this image as I wanted the focus to be on everything in the foreground.  After stamping this image, I attached it to the framed watercolor and then stamped the blue background paper so that I could mount them onto a card base.  

After assembling most of the card, I stamped the sailboat onto watercolor paper using some black ink and then watercolored the image with the colored pencils.  I used a superfine paintbrush to apply my color so that I could control the amount of ink in each location.  
Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you have enjoyed this project!  See you next time!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment