Saturday, September 30, 2017

Favor in the Eyes of the Lord...

 
Hello there Joy Clair friends!  It's Kerry here and I'm back to share another fun...but simple creation using the Noah's Ark set from the Color By Faith Collection.  I think this set is so unique and extra special!  I love that it focuses on the Great Flood and the amazing beauty of animals traveling two by two.  I knew that many people would focus on the Ark and the Two by Two images in their cardmaking but I was really drawn to the Genesis scripture and the two flying birds.  They speak to me so I created a simple yet powerful card that highlighted these pieces.  
To create the background, I used some London Fog Memento Ink to stamp the three different clouds in a pleasing pattern on the paper.  I didn't fill up the page, but I applied the clouds as if the storm was coming in from the right side.  After stamping the clouds, I used a light blue watercolor pencil to add some color underneath each cloud.  This gave the clouds a bit of dimension and helped separate them from the page.  When done, I stamped the birds using some Tuxedo Black ink.  
After that, I stamped the sentiment onto some white cardstock using my Misti to get a crisp/clean image.  I popped the sentiment up with some foam squares then added a bit of black twine to "hold it up".  To incorporate a bit of shine (hinting that the sun will arrive soon), I rubbed a bit of ghost ink onto the blue Rinea foil then wiped some of the blue color off with a wet paper towel.  I attached this foil to the back of the stamped panel then mounted the whole thing onto a blue base.  

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoyed my share!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment