Sunday, September 11, 2016

Sunday Sip and Share...It's In the Bag!

Hello there coffee-loving cardmakers!  I'm here with a fun little Sunday Sip & Share on the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog!  For this week's post, I decided to make a cute little bag of fresh roasted coffee beans with a coordinating cards.  Not only do I love making cards, I love sewing too!  So...I created this quick and simple bag to hold my roasted beans.  It'll be a great little happy mail treat for someone soon!
I started off by sewing a few little cotton bags.  No frills, just white Moda cotton fabric.  The stamping, embellies and fiber tie would help them shine!  After sewing, I started creating some fun background paper.  This background paper would not only be used for my card, but it would also be incorporated in the gift bag design.  

The background was created using my Gelli Plate and some of my favorite coloring mediums.  First, I dabbed some Dusty Concord Ranger Distress ink onto my Gelli Plate.  I spritzed it with some water to accentuate the beading effect of the ink.  I laid that down on my cardstock then began the second layer.  For the second layer, I spritzed some FSJ Cosmic Grape Color Splash onto the plate, then flicked some FSJ Silks (Silver, Gold, Cosmic Grape, Turbo Teal) onto that.  SInce they are water based, they bead up a bit.  The Color Splash has some acrylic paint-like characteristics, so it retains much of the spray effect and doesn't bead up.  I also added some Liquitex Metallic Silver Acrylic Ink splatters/drips too.  I like this ink because it leaves an opalescent sheen on the surface and is translucent enough to allow the color underneath to peek through.  
I continued adding layers and layers of color until I was satisfied with the results.  When done, I applied some Whip Cream Reinker to the plate and rubbed it around with an acrylic block.  When laying my cardstock over this ink, it softened and muted the vibrant color.  It was exactly what I was hoping for!  The final touch was to add some Pineapple Smoothie Acrylic Paint.  You'll probably notice the little flower bloom diecuts on the piece too.  They were laid onto the Gelli Plate and they transferred themselves.  

I mounted the background onto Black Licorice cardstock then onto Lavender Fusion cardstock then sewed a few zips through my sewing machine.  The panel was glued to an A2 Whip Cream card base in an off center fashion.  I then stamped and embossed the Uniko "I LOVE COFFEE" cup and stamped just the piece of the coffee sentiment using Versafine Ink.  I arranged the collage on the front with foam squares and the card was done!  
The scraps from my card were used to create the coordinating pattern on the coffee bean bag.  I adhered them with Journey Glaze so they would remain pliable after drying.  I stamped the trio of beans and the sentiment with Staz-On ink.  

Now I have a perfectly coordinated gift set!  Wahoo!!!  It's heading out in Monday's mail to someone who went above and beyond... :)

Now it's on to the coordinating sketch!  I'm so matchy-matchy today!  ;)  If you would like to join the fun (and possibly win coffee-loving treats), please post a coffee/tea/cocoa creation inspired by this sketch-or any of our September sketches in the inlinkz below.  Make sure to include the hashtag #clcsipandshare when posting to social media!


No comments:

Post a Comment