Sunday, August 14, 2016

Sip and Share...Hipster Vibe

Good morning coffee-loving friends!  It's another Sip-And-Share Sunday at the Coffee Loving Cardmakers blog and I'm back to share another card and sketch with you!  I'm really diggin' the set I used this week and I hope you enjoy it too!  

I'm in love with the images in the Hipster at Heart set from Hero Arts!  When I first saw this set, I knew I had to have it in my collection!  I love the coffee cup and the beans, but I REALLY love the hipster vibe the whole set provides.  I'm not a hipster by any way shape or form but I DO love the hipster vibe...cool, trendy and laid back!  

So let's take a look at the card I created using this fun set:  
So I thought this set was the perfect set to create a fun collage!  Just pile all those awesome images onto a card!  I couldn't just pick a few, so almost every single image is on the front!  LOL.  

To create the background, I applied a few swipes of PanPastels then brushed some Windsor and Newton Masking Fluid over the top. After the masking fluid dried, I added some more PanPastels over that to create more dimension and depth of color. I peeled the masking fluid off and rubbed the Pan Pastels with a cloth to allow for a softer bridge between the color and masked layer. To finish off the background, I splattered some Fun Stampers Journey Silver Silk and Bronze Silk.  
I stamped each image onto white cardstock using Black Onyx Versafine Ink then colored them up a little with some PanPastels. After coloring the images, I applied a bit of Journey Glaze to the Mason Jar glass, the gems and the camera lens.  
Yummy! Finally, I arranged the images into a collage "line" along the edge of the background paper then added a piece of polka-dot paper from my stash. To finish off the collage, I added some jute and a few scraps of graph paper. Adding a bit of gold washi (From Target) tape to the panel gave it some pop it was missing and helped to finish off the piece.  

I mounted this collage panel onto white cardstock then attached it to a gray card base. Once the card was finished and photographed, I set off to create the sketch.  
So, what do you think? Are you ready to give the sketch a try? Why not give it a go?! Please join the fun and create a card using this week's sketch. Make sure to hop over to my coffee lovers blog post HERE to link your creation! To make it easier for you to add your link, you can also link up right here on this post.  Just click on the inlinkz button below!!!  

 I'd love to see it! PS...If sharing your card on social media, please include #clcsipandshare for easy reference!  

I hope you enjoyed my card and sketch today. Join me next Sunday as I share another fun coffee-loving creation!  :)


1 comment:

  1. EXcellent Kerry! Such a fun card! Love all the different elements and hope to play along with the same stamp set :)

    ReplyDelete