Saturday, May 26, 2018

Spring/Summer Hop Day 2: Joy Clair

Hey there coffee loving crafters/hoppers!  I'm back with my second card for the hop.  I created this card today and it features our Super Sponsor Joy Clair stamps as added goodies from Super Sponsors Right at Home, Butterfly Reflections Ink and Fun Stampers Journey!  
To create my card, I stamped the sentiment from the Coffee Quotes set onto white cardstock using VersaFine Clair Warm Breeze ink.  After that, I stamped the cups (I cut it away from the sentiment) using Memento Tuxedo Black then colored the center dots with Versafine Clair Warm Breeze, Summertime and Charming Pink.  I added more color with my watercolor pencils from Fun Stampers Journey.  

I took a little piece of leftover paper from yesterday's card to create the border.  The border was created with the yummy new Nuvo Shimmer powders that I picked up from Butterfly Reflections, Inc.  Stitching it with my sewing machine made it add a bit of added texture.  I also used the die in the Ric-Rac border from the Folded Gift Bag Die Set from Right At Home.
I mounted the design onto some FSJ vellum and mirror gold cardstock then mounted that onto a white card base.  To finish the card off, I added a few watercolored butterflies that were stamped from the ever-popular Joy Clair stamp set called Butterfly Kisses.  A few bits of gold thread and Nuvo Drops in Bubblegum Pink finished my card off.

Thanks for stopping by as you hop along for coffee-licious inspiration.  Thanks also to all the fabulous Super Sponsors who generously contribute prizes to our hop.  I really appreciate you!  :)

For more information or to join the hop, please check out the deets here:

Hop Deets:  

When:  Friday, May 25-June 1
Theme:  Spring and Summer
Use:  Coffee/Tea/Cocoa images

Prizes Galore!
 SUPER GENEROUS SUPER SPONSORS 
Check out the lead blog post from Coffee Loving Cardmakers HERE
Direct link to the Hop post is here:  POST YOUR PROJECTS HERE

PS...As a pottery/mug collector, I like to photograph my cards with my beautiful pottery.  This photo features a gorgeous mug (that I keep my watercolor pencils in) made by Lee Wolfe Pottery.  Check her out on IG and on her website!  She makes gorgeous pots!  

24 comments:

  1. This is SO cute! I love the bright colors you used, and the adorable design. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. I love the little butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I just had to add the butterflies to bring on the summer vibes! HEE HEE

      Delete
  3. Pretty card. Fun colors and love the butterflies and soft feel to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, love the coloring with cute butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The butterflies added a bit of whimsy!

      Delete
  5. So beautiful! Sweet colors... love the butterflies and you are the master of that thread... it never looks right when I use it... always love it in your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just play with it until it looks right. Lol

      Delete
  6. Such the awesome design Kerry! Love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome use of twine for butterfly trail, gr8 design and coloring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad you picked up on my idea of the flutter trail. :) Thanks! :)

      Delete
  8. Super sweet card! Love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so very beautiful! Love the colorful cups

    ReplyDelete