Friday, May 25, 2018

Summer Lovin'...Tea helps!



Hey there coffee/tea/cocoa loving stampers!  I'm excited to join the fun for another round of hops, hops, hops!  WOOP!  For my first project, I created a pretty/Summery tea card using one of the newest Pinkfresh Studio stamp sets that I purchased from Super Sponsor Butterfly Reflections, Ink.  This set is called Tealightful Day and it's one of the most adorable "doodly" tea sets I've seen in some time.  I love the mix of florals and cute little animals as well as the fun geometric elements and great handwritten sentiments.  Here, take a look:  
This card was just too fun to create.  I first started out by creating the background on some watercolor paper with Nuvo Shimmer Powder.  This is similar to some other powders on the market but has an added pearlescent mica so that the paper just shimmers!  I used a combination of Atlantis Burst and Solar Flare for the background and then went to town on the cup and flowers with Catherine Wheel, Cherry Bomb and Solar Flare.  I colored the leaves with a green Copic marker.  I finished the card off with some Nuvo Crystal Drops (Ivory Seashell).  
Can I tell you how much I love Tonic products?  Yeah, I really do.  I think I would marry it!  LOL.  I cut the background panel out with a new Reverse Confetti die called Stitched Squares Confetti Cuts.  It's a great collection of squares with multiple stitch lines.  LOVE IT!  

Alrighty!  Isn't this just scrumptious?  YUMMO!

Thanks for popping by today.  I will be back again tomorrow with another fun creation featuring another fun new stamp set!  See you then! 

Hop Deets:  

When:  Friday, May 25-June 1
Theme:  Spring and Summer
Use:  Coffee/Tea/Cocoa images

Prizes Galore, SUPER GENEROUS SUPER SPONSORS 
Check out the lead blog post from Coffee Loving Cardmakers HERE
Direct link to the Hop post is here:  POST YOUR PROJECTS HERE

55 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! Thanks for hopping over to my little inky corner of the table.

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty card! Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely!! I so enjoy that dreamy background, and bright cup and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The background was so fun, quick and easy to do!

      Delete
  4. AMAZING pastels. Love that sweet feeling you've captured. Thanks for your participation and support of this amazing event.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! Always so fun to hop along, share and drool!

      Delete
  5. gorgeous card and colors are so nice!

    Thanks for being super sponsor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiki- not a Super Sponsor this time but will have a little prize here and there!

      Delete
  6. Oh boy, I think I am going to have to check out those powders if they sparkle!!! You said the magic word! :)

    Your card is as sweet as can be! I love the image!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The powders are just scrumptious! You would love them! It's fun to combine all the tiny images in this set to make a seamless design.

      Delete
  7. Kerry, way to rock that sweet Pinkfresh Studio set! Love your background, I'll need to check into those powders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy. I think I need ALL of the colors now! This was my first try to test 'em out and I definitely love them!!!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for hopping over here to say hi! Thanks for the compliment too! ❤️

      Delete
  9. Wonderful card. Love the beautiful colors ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely awesome card design. Thanks for being a sponsor too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Verna! I am not a Super Sponsor this time but will have some goodies here and there.

      Delete
  11. So pretty, love the design! Thanks for being a super sponsor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vinta. I am not a Super Sponsor this time but pop over again...I might have a treat or two!

      Delete
  12. lovely card - the background is awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO beautiful! Love how you've used the powders and pretty sure I need some of those powders!! Thanks for all of your inspiration always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...and ummm YES, you neeeeed the powders! Lol

      Delete
  14. Stunning card! I love the color combo and, of course, the design! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Crystal. My first picks of these Nuvo powders included all the happy colors!

      Delete
  15. Beautiful card. I love everything about it. So creative. Great blog hop and thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those colors are scrumptious! Awesome inspiration, Thanks for being a super sponsor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm not a super sponsor this go-round.

      Delete
  17. Beautiful card! Thanks for supporting this event!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty card and I love the watercolor background. Beautiful job.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ericka. I love these new powders!!!

      Delete
  19. What a joyful little card! And I'm loving your super clever blog name, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes...Just keep itchin to stamp! :)

      Delete
  20. What a beautiful and sweet card, Kerry.
    I adore your coloring job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a happy card and so colorful. Love it!

    ReplyDelete