Sunday, December 24, 2017

One last giftie...

Hello there Coffee/Tea and Cocoa loving papercrafters!  It's Christmas Eve and I've been baking up a storm finishing up the last of my responsibilities for my family Christmas tomorrow.  You see, my family requested that I create the cookie/dessert tray and of course I said sure will!  I have five different types of yummy cookies that I'll be presenting on the table and the yummy cookies above are included!  I had some extra cookies and decided I would pack them up in a little clear box and give them to my neighbor.
These little cookies are so tasty!  They are sugar cookies flavored with nutmeg and iced with Matcha Royal Icing!  YEP!  Matcha!  If you've never tried matcha in your royal icing, you MUST!  it is deeelish!  This little winter caps are perfect and simple and oh so festive!  To package up these cookies, I used a clear box from Gina K Designs.  I love these little card boxes and they're perfect for not only sending cards, but also for sending cookie treats!
This little treat package wouldn't be complete without a cute little coordinating card so I created this card using the stamp set I won from the Winter Hop!  I selected the clear stamp set called Coffee Therapy.  I love the sentiments and the mix of cups!  I used my Misti and Memento to ink them up.  Since these cookies are MATCHA and not COFFEE, I printed up the Matcha sentiment on my computer and then just stamped the rest of the sentiment under it.  PERFECT!  While I was shopping at Gina K, I picked up some Apple Green Nuvo Drops and they work perfectly with this card!  LOVE IT!
A closer look at the card and you'll notice I added some fun stitching.  I love the added dimension it adds to my cards so I am kinda addicted to adding it lately.  A few little pearls finish the card off.
Such a simple way to decorate these cookies!  Just pipe the matcha flavored icing on half of the cookie, add some sprinkles and white for the fluff and the puff ball on top and you're done!
Of course, I did create a coordinating sketch.  If you want to play along with me, please create a card (coffee, tea, cocoa themed) and add it to our inlinkz below.  :)
Thanks for stopping by and MERRY CHRISTMAS!



No comments:

Post a Comment