Saturday, December 16, 2017

Jesus is my Jam!

Hey there stampers!  Today I'm sharing a funky card using a new set from Joy Clair called Jesus is my Jam!  This is a fun set in the Color By Faith Bible Journaling collection.  I decided to create a card with it because I love the funk of the set and wanted to send a fun card to someone special who I thought would fit it perfectly! 
I started out by creating the fun background.  I used my Gelli Plate and rubbed some Tombow markers on it.   I then lightly spritzed it with my spritzer and then laid the paper onto it.  After I dried the ink a bit with my heat gun, I cut the paper so that I could select the perfect inking location then started playing with the stamps.  I stamped the records onto the panel first.  After that, I stamped the play button, the microphone, headphones and the big boom box (I had one like that back in the day) onto a separate piece of paper.  I used the extra ink on the Gelli Plate to watercolor the images.   
I applied some silver sparkly washi tape to the edge of the inked panel in an asymmetrical layout then cut the paper into a matching layout.  I stamped the sentiment onto a separate piece of cardstock using my Misti.  I just love this sentiment!  After that, I added a little sparkle washi there too.  I mounted the sentiment onto the page with foam squares then tied a bit of twine on it. 
To finish off the card, I flicked some silver and purple ink onto the panel and mounted the whole thing onto a teal piece of cardstock that I had cut to shape.  I mounted this panel onto a white card base and the card was complete!  
I hope you enjoyed reading my step-by-step details.  It was such a fun card to make.   

1 comment: